• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Crossroad Gun shop -Review

JesterP99

Just thought I would spread the word about another gun store in the area of Charlottesville and Richmond.

Crossroads Gun Shop, located at 78 Zion Park Ct in Troy, Virginia

I just saw an ad in the news paper on Saturday and I thought I would stop in a take a look around on my way to Richmond tonight.

The store is very small, actually attached to the farmer's market that is there. The owner, seemed to be the only employee, was very nice, kind of shy, but definitely informative. He said that he has been at this location for about a year now. The store didn't have a lot, some old and new used weapons, one or two AR-15s, a few shotguns, and one case of pistols. The guy mainly makes his money on his gunsmith sales. He told me that when Albemarle Firearms LLC gets a gun to fix or modify they take it to him since they only work on AR-15s. He said that he does just about all repairs and modifications, including night sights on pistols.

He can order just about any gun you want through his distributor, doesn't charge shipping or anything. He told me that he is associated with Gallery of Guns and you can find a link on his site.

One thing that is nice is that he only charges 35 dollars (plus an extra two for some sort of additional charge) for an FFL transfer, which is nice if you compare it to Woodbrook gun store (and I am not sure what Albemarle Firearms LLC charges).

The other thing which is nice is that he is a certified NRA pistol instructor and teaches his own Concealed weapon class.

This guy is definitely worth checking out next time you are in the area, or need work done on a gun.

I told Greg, the owner, that I would pass the word on that he has a nice store and would be a great alternative to Woodbrook Sport or Albemarle Firearms LLC if you live in Charlottesville.

JesterP99

Were you OCing in the store? If so, did he seem to care and/or offer an opinion on it?

Yes I was, and he didn't say anything about it, very nice guy. I meant to ask him what he was carrying. I feel like it was a .45 or something.

JesterP99

Albemarle Firearms charges flat rate of $25.00 for FFL transfer.. Woodbrook forget them they charge $50.00

Oh, well, either way, if you need work done, this might be the guy, since Albemarle sends all their client's guns there.

scouser

....He can order just about any gun you want through his distributor, doesn't charge shipping or anything. He told me that he is associated with Gallery of Guns and you can find a link on his site.

One thing that is nice is that he only charges 35 dollars (plus an extra two for some sort of additional charge) for an FFL transfer, which is nice if you compare it to Woodbrook gun store (and I am not sure what Albemarle Firearms LLC charges)....

You might want to check the actual total prices that each of the stores you mention quote for various firearms on Gallery of Guns, I checked on some random firearms and ACF was much cheaper than Crossroads and Woodbrook on each of them

mk4

I've been in the crossroads shop. Agree, nice fellow. Not much stock to speak of, but able to order just about anything. I've also been in acf a number of times and really like that store. Seem really customer focused and very friendly. Been in wb a bunch of times and actually bought my edc there. Good deal as I'd done my price research. I've read of some dissatisfaction with them, but I dunno, maybe it was a fluke. I've been treated well there.

In all, I like all of the local choices.