• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Plane Left Gate With Gun on Board, DFW Airport Says

H

Herr Heckler Koch

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/Plane-Left-Gate-With-Gun-on-Board-DFW-Airport-Says-011812
FOXDFW said:
Airport spokesman David Magana said a 65-year-old woman from Little Elm, Texas had a gun in her carry-on bag that got through the security checkpoint .

[ ... ]
The security breach comes on the same day that the Homeland Security Department acknowledged that some TSA agents went too far by strip-searching two elderly women in New York.

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/TSA-Admits-Strip-Search-Errors-011812

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
This just continues to show that the TSA is not the great protector that the government makes out to be. The TSA can harrass old ladies but can't find a gun? At this point, I am not surprised.

09jisaac

This just continues to show that the TSA is not the great protector that the government makes out to be. The TSA can harrass old ladies but can't find a gun? At this point, I am not surprised.

No, they can find a gun.... just not when they were suppose to.

Dreamer

TSA = Theater for Societal Abdication
= Tyranny Spreading Administration
= Technocrats Strutting Abusively
= Totally Stupid and Asinine

TechnoWeenie

...and the plane didn't explode? Didn't come crashing to the ground in a giant fireball? No one was shot? No punctured fuselage?

That's not possible. All those politicians promised me that it would happen if guns were allowed on planes, and that's why I want them banned!

OC for ME

I wonder if any folks interviewed by the media stated that they had no problem with a 65 year old lady with a gun on board....in fact, felt safer because of it.....naw...the media likely excluded that type of comment.