• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Missouri we have a pre-emtion Bill

Verd

Campaign Veteran
Response from Represenative Don Phillips

I’ve looked SB 680 over and it seems pretty straightforward. No problem supporting it if it stays in its current language. I hope this will be a stand-alone bill but it’s doubtful; it will be interesting to see the amendments that might be added to it and so forth. Thanks for making me aware of it. I appreciate your input. Don

OC for ME

To The Honorable Mr. Gatschenberger,

Greetings to your Sir. I am writing to inform you of my views regarding HB1369.

HB1369 falls far short, in my view, of correcting the error in RSMo 21.750 that permits a political subdivision in Missouri to unconstitutionally restrict a Missouri citizen’s Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution, right to keep and bear arms. “That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned;". A citizen's lawful exercise of his natural right to self-defense must not be converted into a privilege, granted or withdrawn at the whim of the state.

The issue at hand is not to change RSMo 571 to add a privilege, but to remove the infringement of our constitutionally protected right from RSMo 21.750.3. SB680 addresses this issue where the error occurs in RSMo 21.750.

Your wife, Donnette, visited my neighborhood during your election campaign and informed me and several of my neighbors at that time, that you are a staunch supporter of our 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment right, which naturally leads me to believe that you are a staunch supporter of our Article I, Section 23 right. I voted for you, as did many of my neighbors, based largely on the discussion we had with your lovely and gracious wife, regarding your beliefs and positions on the issues of the day.

I respectfully request that you support the intent of SB680, by withdrawing your support of HB1369 until such time that a House Bill is introduced that has language that addresses the error in RSMo 21.750.3, or that the language in HB1369 is changed to addresses the error in RSMo 21.750.

Best Regards,
OC For ME

Broondog

ok well Sen Engler's site is still not allowing emails to go through. but the snail mail copy is on the dash of my truck.....next stop USPS.....and Karen at his office was very friendly and said she would pass my message along to the Senator. she also reiterated a fact that i already knew......that Senator Engler is all about 2nd Amendment rights and that i/we could expect his support on this legislation. ETA....i am also getting a good response on Facebook. the more the merrier. III%

Last edited:

Oramac

To The Honorable Mr. Gatschenberger,

Greetings to your Sir. I am writing to inform you of my views regarding HB1369.

HB1369 falls far short, in my view, of correcting the error in RSMo 21.750 that permits a political subdivision in Missouri to unconstitutionally restrict a Missouri citizen’s Article I, Section 23 of the Missouri Constitution, right to keep and bear arms. “That the right of every citizen to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or when lawfully summoned in aid of the civil power, shall not be questioned;". A citizen's lawful exercise of his natural right to self-defense must not be converted into a privilege, granted or withdrawn at the whim of the state.

The issue at hand is not to change RSMo 571 to add a privilege, but to remove the infringement of our constitutionally protected right from RSMo 21.750.3. SB680 addresses this issue where the error occurs in RSMo 21.750.

Your wife, Donnette, visited my neighborhood during your election campaign and informed me and several of my neighbors at that time, that you are a staunch supporter of our 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment right, which naturally leads me to believe that you are a staunch supporter of our Article I, Section 23 right. I voted for you, as did many of my neighbors, based largely on the discussion we had with your lovely and gracious wife, regarding your beliefs and positions on the issues of the day.

I respectfully request that you support the intent of SB680, by withdrawing your support of HB1369 until such time that a House Bill is introduced that has language that addresses the error in RSMo 21.750.3, or that the language in HB1369 is changed to addresses the error in RSMo 21.750.

Best Regards,
OC For ME

I'm going to borrow that, if it's cool with you. That's a very well written letter.

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Excellent work to all who got this done! I will contact my elected officials next week from the office. I'm sure they will better recognize me from my office email.

mspgunner

Sir,

No one person will get this passed, no "one" gets credit, it takes us all and it takes us all motivating others to help as well.

Everyone is appreciated and urged to spread the word, you are all the reason it will pass!

Thanks for the support.

As LMTD pointed out, there is group of OCers from across the State who are working to regain our 2A rights.
There is no hero, no brass ring, there are our 2A rights, the Bill of rights and Art.1 Sec. 23 of the Missouri Constitution.

As we have joined forces, done our home work and cooperated behind the scenes, onward to get things done.....

Many will go to Jefferson City April 18th for Gun Day at the capitol. Make the time, spend the dime and help with the cause.
Not everyone at Gun Day is pro-OC, in fact there are many against what this site promotes. Make your voice heard and join us for an OC lunch after the rally in the capitol!

It takes people power.... WE THE PEOPLE! Yes we can!

Last edited:

Firefighter524

Just a Question , I feel like a total Dumb S*** , What is this ?? Is it to get the laws in Missouri Change to mirror those of I believe Florida as to the state law cannot be made stricter by a city. is that what this is ??? Apologize for the inconvenience

G30Mike

Just a Question , I feel like a total Dumb S*** , What is this ?? Is it to get the laws in Missouri Change to mirror those of I believe Florida as to the state law cannot be made stricter by a city. is that what this is ??? Apologize for the inconvenience

Yes in a nutshell. The only things firearm wise right now that can be regulated by municipalities is open carry. If this bill is signed into law, then municipalities can't make it illegal to open carry in thier cities anymore, which is a good thing.

kcgunfan

Yes in a nutshell. The only things firearm wise right now that can be regulated by municipalities is open carry. If this bill is signed into law, then municipalities can't make it illegal to open carry in thier cities anymore, which is a good thing.

Almost, but not quite, political subdivisions (counties or municipalities) may also restrict discharge.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

mspgunner

That would be amazing !! Now my question is .. is it going to be open carry is legal or you can open carry with a ccw only ?

There are two bills, the one in the Senate is OC without, the one in the House is OC with a CCW.
We'll have to see which one gets the brass ring, if either.
Much depends on the leadership in the house and senate as to what they assign to committee and when they get together (the pro-2A legislators) which they will support.
There is much that goes on behind the scenes as they "barter" for bills and negotiate the old i'll vote for you if you vote for me.
I think the OC with permit has a better chance of passing both houses and going to the Governor, and I believe he would sign it (Election year).
However, those places who now do not require a CCW would not be "required do do so". The Missouri Constitution Art. 1 Sec 23 still gives OC rights to the people because it does not prohibit OC.
The "local" authority to prohibit OC would be history!!!!!!!!!!!! That is the only obstruction to OC in Missouri. Boot that statute and OC is legal, that is the idea of pre-emption.

In most cases it is "urban" obstruction. Those folks in rural areas never worried about this stuff and local government don't worry about it either, whic is good.

washington.jpg

Last edited:

Firefighter524

I know I'm going to catch hell for saying this but I don't care which one get's passed as long as one of them passes. I am a law abiding Missouri resident whom carries a weapon every day , everywhere i go , I just hope we can some day get to a point that people like myself don't get harassed everyday for exercising their rights. I work for a Police Department and yes I carry there as well , and no I am not a police officer. and I love the fact that I can educate my officers about gun laws and what is legal and not. I huge problem right now is the lack of knowledge for officers, when the state changes or adopts a law they don't pick up the phone and notify every officer in the state and there are still officers out there whom have never seen a citizen OCing and would not know what to do if they ran into one. That's silly in my book. I work in Emergency services. Fire/EMS/ and Law Enforcement and I carry my Weapon on all calls I go on Except in fire!! (GO FIGURE LOL )

OC for ME

The HB version would be analogous to CT's carry permit. OC or CCW it does not matter, the permit is for carry. The goal is SB680, but, will you be peeved if it boils down to a carry permit vs. a CCW permit. The only rub is the 18 - 20 and 364 crowd will be unable to carry at all....very bad. But hey, 21 is not that far away in the big scheme of life.

SB680 is the goal....hold your nose if not SB680?

mspgunner

I know I'm going to catch hell for saying this but I don't care which one get's passed as long as one of them passes. I am a law abiding Missouri resident whom carries a weapon every day , everywhere i go , I just hope we can some day get to a point that people like myself don't get harassed everyday for exercising their rights. I work for a Police Department and yes I carry there as well , and no I am not a police officer. and I love the fact that I can educate my officers about gun laws and what is legal and not. I huge problem right now is the lack of knowledge for officers, when the state changes or adopts a law they don't pick up the phone and notify every officer in the state and there are still officers out there whom have never seen a citizen OCing and would not know what to do if they ran into one. That's silly in my book. I work in Emergency services. Fire/EMS/ and Law Enforcement and I carry my Weapon on all calls I go on Except in fire!! (GO FIGURE LOL )

Ditto big guy, I'd take either one also. Any progress on OC rights is on heck of a lot better than the web of "Can I here or not"!

PLUS-----ANY MISOSURI STATE PARK AND NATIONAL PARK WILL BE OC IS OK!

I want a picture with the Gateway Arch in the back ground and firearms out where they belong, in front of my Constututional right!

kcgunfan

1/2 pie is better than no pie. But, I'm not going to let my Rep and Senator onto that yet, they're both behind the Senate bill.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk