• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Reminder from Senator Levin!

Glock9mmOldStyle

Campaign Veteran
Last edited:

insanebuddy720

Politicians will always vote for whatever will get them in the good graces of the general public (like "look at how many crimes i stopped by my laws" kinda way). They hide behind a curtian of lies and missinformation. Politicians firmly believe that the percentage of crime decrease is becasue of their awesome new laws and fail to see that its because of the honest citizen who knows their rights to self protection. We all know criminals fallow the laws.

Scooter

I have the same kind of form letter e-mails sent to me from both Levin and Stabenow after I send them e-mails saying I don't like what they are doing and how they need to support 2A. The e-mails simply state they in fact, do not support 2A, and are proud to list all the ways that they do not share my views. This tells me they are not even reading the e-mails I send. They might have some software looking for keywords that just spit out a form letter in response.
I really am surprised they still hold office.......or am I...?

Sheldon

Both of them feel like the king of the hill, and feel they cannot be defeated next election cycle, so they flat out do not care what you or I think or want if it is not in line with their wants and needs....

Super Trucker

Does anybody know anything about Peter Konetchy? I spoke with him for a few minutes at a gun show a few weeks back and he seemed like he had his priorities in the right place. Just wondering if anybody else has any input on him?
Stabmenow needs to go but with the majority of the candidates on the (R) side, and 1 libertarian, all the dumbocrats will vote for her and she will stay in place another term.

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
elections

Yes, Pete Konetchy is a good guy. I've talked to him in person and studied his website.
I here Durant is ok i've heard the same about Glenn and Boman. Marino is said to be intelligent.

Here is the rundown of the potential stab-a-kow replacements.

Scotty Boman (R) - Community College Instructor & Frequent Libertarian Candidate
Chad Dewey (R) - Businessman, Graduate Student & Tea Party Activist
Clark Durant (R) - Ex-State Board of Education President, Ex-Private Catholic School System CEO & '90 Candidate
Gary Glenn (R) - Religious Right Activist, Ex-County Commissioner in Idaho & Army Veteran
Randy Hekman (R) - Evangelical Pastor, Ex-Juvenile Court Judge & Conservative Activist
Pete Hoekstra (R) - Ex-Congressman, Ex-Manufacturing Executive & '10 Gov. Candidate
Peter Konetchy (R) - Businessman
Tim Leuliette (R) - Manufacturing Corporation CEO
Chuck Marino (R) - Businessman
Rick Wilson (R) - Retired Auto Worker/Manager & '10 US Rep. Candidate

I eliminate Peter Hoekstra right off the bat because he said years ago that he didn't want to become a long time politician. We see how that is working out.
Get on their websites and make up your own mind. Get in touch with your local TEA Party and ask them.
springerdave

springerdave

Northern lower & Keweenaw area, Michigan, USA
Stabmenow needs to go but with the majority of the candidates on the (R) side, and 1 libertarian, all the dumbocrats will vote for her and she will stay in place another term.

There is a concerted effort under way to un-seat her. That is why I said go to your local TEA Party group and hear what they have to say. There may be a lot of dumacrats voting, but in unity there is strength. The TEA Parties are wanting to use the same tactics Indiana used against Lugar.