• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

It’s Over – Only Two Republican Candidates On Virginia Ballot

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Oh, well. When the Replublicrats and Democans conspire to make ballot access difficult for non-establishment candidates, too bad for them if it comes back and bites them.

No sympathy here.

Oh, and now there are fewer looting expropriators on the ballot. Oh, my heart bleeds! How can I go on!? What shall I do!? I'll tell you what:

:banana::monkey:banana:

Daylen

I agree with one exception

Northern Virginia will vote Ron Paul. Guaranteed.

Ron Paul for President!!!!

Why would communists and big government types who don't like the constitution vote for Ron Paul? Is the constitutionalist and libertarian background of ol' Ron fake?

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Why would communists and big government types who don't like the constitution vote for Ron Paul? Is the constitutionalist and libertarian background of ol' Ron fake?

Why would communists vote for Mitt Romney?

And what makes you so sure that republicans in Northern Virginia are any more enamored of big government than elsewhere?

I grew up in Northern Virginia, and to this day, as I live and travel elsewhere, it has surprised me how enamored everyone I meet seems to be with big government. Growing up, my friends and neighbors all seemed to have little interest in a highly regulative government. In fact, I was under the impression that "most Americans are really libertarians, they just don't realize it", until I started traveling and living elsewhere.

Then again, I grew up in the woods. Maybe the folks I grew up around were a little different from the masses that inhabit the rest of the area.

Last edited:

Dreamer

Oh, well. When the Replublicrats and Democans conspire to make ballot access difficult for non-establishment candidates, too bad for them if it comes back and bites them.

Calling Perry, Santorum, and Gingrich "non-establishment candidates" is like calling CNN and MSNBC "alternative media"...

The only "non-establishment candidate" IS on the ballot in VA, and if VA has any sense, they will vote for him.

Ron Paul--2012
Any other vote is a vote for serfdom.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Calling Perry, Santorum, and Gingrich "non-establishment candidates" is like calling CNN and MSNBC "alternative media"...

The only "non-establishment candidate" IS on the ballot in VA, and if VA has any sense, they will vote for him.

Ron Paul--2012
Any other vote is a vote for serfdom.

Citizen wasn't suggesting that Perry, Santorum, or Gingrich were "non-establishment candidates", only that the rule which disqualified them was originally intended to disqualify non-establishment candidates, and it has finally come around to bite them.

This time, we're not complaining.

Daylen

Why would communists vote for Mitt Romney?

And what makes you so sure that republicans in Northern Virginia are any more enamored of big government than elsewhere?

I grew up in Northern Virginia, and to this day, as I live and travel elsewhere, it has surprised me how enamored everyone I meet seems to be with big government. Growing up, my friends and neighbors all seemed to have little interest in a highly regulative government. In fact, I was under the impression that "most Americans are really libertarians, they just don't realize it", until I started traveling and living elsewhere.

Then again, I grew up in the woods. Maybe the folks I grew up around were a little different from the masses that inhabit the rest of the area.

Should I have said urban/suburban north Virginia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2008prescountymap.PNG

Notice the blue next to Maryland, that is the area I've generally heard of being the big government "Northern Virginia".

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Should I have said urban/suburban north Virginia? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:2008prescountymap.PNG

Notice the blue next to Maryland, that is the area I've generally heard of being the big government "Northern Virginia".

The woods to which I referred were in Fairfax County.

Furthermore, it's not as though the GOP is meaningfully a/the party of limited government, so simply looking for "blue" vs "red" counties doesn't reveal anything to me. (While I hope Paul's influence will be positive on the GOP, their current track record is one of love for big government.)

We'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

Daylen

The woods to which I referred were in Fairfax County.

Furthermore, it's not as though the GOP is meaningfully a/the party of limited government, so simply looking for "blue" vs "red" counties doesn't reveal anything to me. (While I hope Paul's influence will be positive on the GOP, their current track record is one of love for big government.)

We'll have to wait and see.

It doesn't? The blue areas are solid and definite big government bastions. The red areas could go either way.

Firedawg314

Hello, I just want to make a comment.... I'm a long-time Democrate, closet Repulican...LOL

Ok, seriously...
Ron Paul reminds me of Elsenhiwer (yeah, I can't spell his name, but you know who I'm talking about). Its like a blast from the past. Honestly, that's what made me like him. He's not liberal at all. So far... he wants what's fair and what can be shared amoung the citizens. He reminds me of what America use to stand for; strong, durable, and hard-working. When you bought something "American", it meant it to last.

For me... just for the fact he strongly is for anyting consistution "wise"...that means (I hope), that common sense is brought back to courts, to schools, to society, etc.

To a certain extent... I hate laws are changed just because a few people felt "offended". Because of liberals, we now have laws where a pet, have as much rights if not more than an average person. For example, what really pissed me off... back inthe day, there was a commerical for Budwiser, it had three frogs... those remember knows what I'm talking about. It was funny and became the NEW mascots of the beer company... but "PETA" and/or people of the group felt that "its giving a bad name to frogs around the world and it need to stop".... REALLY. So it was pulled...wow...I don't thing people or frog where offended, but that little group was. and it seems from there, law suits come out everywhere of people "ofended" and liberals get togher to fund these laws. like the idioits who want to ban guns and the right to open carry... because they feel "offended" by seeing it.

I hope I live to the day to see where people are "offended" (liberals) and they all are ban from society and forced to live in areas that no one wants to live at...LOL.

But back to my point... I believe that Paul is for America and not trying to use "oh look at the UK, or Spain, etc" Hey, that's why we left the British in the first place, right?

Last edited:

Daylen

Eisenhower?! Big government republican himself?! I'm more reminded of Jefferson's writings when I read ol' Ron's stuff. Another one I'm reminded of is a President Reagan liked: Calvin Coolidge; both seem like Jeffersonian Republic types.