• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Shooting Events for Pro-2A Open Carrying US Senate Candidate

hgreen

The first time I saw Jamie Radtke at the VCDL membership meeting she was OCing which blew me away as a fresh CA transplant. Seeing a candidate for political office not only showing up to a pro-2A organization meeting but actually publicly carrying was one of the coolest political things I've witnessed.

She's not only a strong 2A supporter but is an active VCDL member and deserves our support.

What better way to show your support than to go shooting?

She has a couple shooting events coming up that we should all try to get to and bring a friend!

First Shooting Event
Tuesday, January 24 - 6PM to 8:30PM
Lynnhaven Indoor Shooting Range / A&P Arms
2664 Lishelle Place, Va. Beach, VA 23452
www.radtkeforsenate.com/gunsNgirls/
Call Karen Hurd at 757-301-1855

Second Shooting Event (2 nights)
Fri-Sat, February 17-18, from 8PM to 10PM
Dominion Shooting Range
106 Turner Road, Richmond, VA 23225
www.radtkeforsenate.com/shootforliberty/
Call Lyndsey Lewis at 804-451-5985, ext. 18

Cost is $50 per shooter and supports an excellent candidate!
You can check out the flier here:
http://bit.ly/zYABQI

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
She also has a dinner on Thursday night in Fairfax. I am tempted to drop by and see whether or not she is carrying. I'm curious whether she always carries or just to gun-related events...makes a difference to me. From an email I receive earlier:

I will be at Milano's Restaurant in Fairfax on Thursday night to discuss our "Walk for Liberty" program. I will go over all the instructions and then will have the materials to pass out. This is an important meeting that I'd like for you to attend. Here are the details:

Milano's Restaurant
6230-G Rolling Road
Springfield, VA 22152

Thursday evening, January 18

6-7 P.M. - Social
7-8 P.M. - Meeting to discuss "Walk for Liberty"

Please let me know if you can make it by emailing the campaign office at rsvp@radtkeforsenate.com. Please don't delay - - Time is of the essence.

I look forward to seeing you there!

If anyone else is going to this PM me and maybe we can meet up.

Last edited:

hgreen

She also has a dinner on Thursday night in Fairfax. I am tempted to drop by and see whether or not she is carrying. I'm curious whether she always carries or just to gun-related events...makes a difference to me.

While I totally think its great that she has carried at some events, it seems a little prejudicial and shallow to judge someone based on the form of carry and percentage of time they carry when all the other available options straight up DO NOT carry ever. The fact that she does and has carried ought to be more than enough for someone to do their own additional research into her other positions and come to a decision of support, regardless of how or if she carries at any particular time or place.

How and where a person chooses to carry is a very personal choice and I would be extremely offended if someone were to pass judgments on me based on when and how they thought I was or was not carrying.

But with that said, I still encourage you to go and ask her, if that's what you care about I'm sure she'd be happy to talk to you about it. I'd bet she'll be packing one way or another.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Well, you make a lot of assumptions in that response. I said it makes a difference to me. Whether or not a politician is consistent is an important factor. I did not say it was the only thing I care about. I did not say I expect her to carry all of the time. I am a financial supporter of Jamie and have signed the petition to get her on the ballot. I have handed out campaign flyers for her. I simply expressed my curiosity and you took it to an extreme, without knowing anything about me or my support for the Radtke campaign.

Last edited:

AtackDuck

I talked to McCormick, as well as Radtke at Lobby Day. I already had heard their views on Second Amendment rights, so I decided to ask them something different. Both were asked the same question: What do you think about federal funding for cleaning up the Chesapeake Bay? Neither really seemed that knowledgeable on the subject.

McCormick started into politicalese obfuscation using catch words like EPA, Department of the Interior, states rights, and generally saying nothing. In other words, he was trying to blow smoke up my ass.

Radtke gave me the 'we need to get the EPA out of the issuing regulations business' and saying that the federal government needs a smaller hand in everything. Not exactly the answer to my question, but at least she wasn't trying to blow smoke and question my intelligence and she does know what a menhaden is.

Of the two I would definitely vote for Radtke. Between Radtke and George Allen, Allen had his time at the trough and he showed himself for the swine he is. So again I would vote for Radtke.