Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: How do you present your holdster?

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9

    How do you present your holdster?

    Just curious how ya'll present your holdster when entering a buisness that does not allow you to enter with your handgun? Do you still present your holdster as if you were oc? or do you cover it up with your shirt? Mine has to be looped through a belt. So it would be inconvienant to take off. I know its a personel preferance. I just want to know ya'll thoughts on it. Thanks

  2. #2
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    what?

    Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    Just curious how ya'll present your holdster when entering a buisness that does not allow you to enter with your handgun? Do you still present your holdster as if you were oc? or do you cover it up with your shirt? Mine has to be looped through a belt. So it would be inconvienant to take off. I know its a personel preferance. I just want to know ya'll thoughts on it. Thanks
    we all dont enter a business that does not allow our gun.
    I sounds like youre talking about taking off your holster and giving it and the gun
    to sommeone so you could go shopping in their store!
    we all dont do that!
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    we all dont enter a business that does not allow our gun.
    I sounds like youre talking about taking off your holster and giving it and the gun
    to sommeone so you could go shopping in their store!
    we all dont do that!
    that some one would be my wife sitting in the car with our handgun. Im just asking how you would present your holdster that is attached to your waist while walking into a business that doesnt allow a firearm. do you keep it on your waist as if you are open carrying or put your shirt over it? the question was not that hard. dont look deeper into it then it really is.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran Verd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Lampe, Missouri, United States
    Posts
    381
    If I have to enter a store that has a "No Guns" sign up, I enter the store with my gun on my hip. In my state, the management/owner of the business has to ask me to leave (which is when I will inform him that if he prefers to not have my money during this down economy, then I will be sure to pass that along) which is when I will leave if the owner/manager still wants me to. Only if I refuse to leave can I get in trouble ($100 fine and up to 1 year my CCW can be taken away... which I don't have so who cares!).

    If I must re-enter said store, I will leave my gun in the car, locked up, and will leave my holster attached to my belt for all to see.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

  5. #5
    Regular Member TechnoWeenie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    2,086
    Here in WA, 'no guns' signs are not enforceable by law, only trespass laws come into play when they ask you to leave (if you don't).

    For me, I conceal in areas that are marked 'no guns'..... I refuse to make myself a victim..


    When I was first confronted about firearms by my credit union, the teller was like 'what do you need a gun for? It's a bank'... To my response which was 'exactly'....Not to mention I was withdrawing about 5k in cash at that exact moment.....

    They also have a sign saying 'no hats, sunglasses' etc...

    I made a point to wear sunglasses, and a hat, while concealing...... It was pointed out that I can't wear sunglasses in the branch, and I mumbled 'medical condition', and they left me alone..

    Gotta love when you can use their own political correctness against them.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    1,929
    Simple; I don't enter establishments that prohibit guns. No rights = no money.

    If I had to, though, I would OC my empty holster, and possibly a large sign to explain my grumpy scowl

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    America
    Posts
    2,226
    Who would I present my holster to? I don't go places where I can't carry for the most part. If I do go to such a place it is because I am being paid to do so by an employer; in this case I will not make a scene as you suggest.
    Don't believe any facts that I say! This is the internet and it is filled with lies and untruth. I invite you to look up for yourself the basic facts that my arguments might be based upon. This way we can have a discussion where logic and hints on where to find information are what is brought to the forum and people look up and verify facts for themselves.

  8. #8
    Regular Member Steeler-gal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Fairfax County, VA
    Posts
    562
    I usually CC when a "no guns" sign is displayed but on occasion I will secure my gun in my vehicle. When I do that I leave my holster displayed. I don't hide it and I don't take off the holster.


    Sent using Tapatalk
    =============================
    NRA Certified Instructor & Range Safety Officer
    Teaching classes in Lorton VA & Springfield VA
    PM me if you need a class, RSO or safety briefing

  9. #9
    Regular Member SovereignAxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Elizabethton, TN
    Posts
    795
    As a college student, and an employee of a hospital, I am forced to disarm frequently.

    In these cases the holster stays on and unconcealed. I've never been asked about it. To someone that's never seen a Serpa though, you probably wouldn't know what it is.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

    "Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

    EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Florissant, Mo
    Posts
    227
    Generally, I respect the laws and those of the private business...

    With that being said... I wear mine too on my hip. Since its cooler now out side, I wear my jacket. If your holster is black and gun too.. it makes it harder to see with a jacket or coat. Unless you coat blows wide open.

    But if they do not want you to carry inside... just put your shirt over it. But I highly recommend not to carry it at such places; hospiltals, schools, day care, and all the others on that list. Just in case it falls out, discharges,etc and you hurt someone. But trust me... if you end up "saving the day" they are going to be glad you had it.

    But, knowing me... if I was carrying it and I wasn't supposed to. And something "happen", after the situration was done... I would have a quick talk with the person in charge, ask him to step out of the business... I would probably say, "... sir/ ms., this could have be avoided or I would have kept the person in check and we could have arressted him. As you see, I am "carrying", but your laws-as you have posted on the door prevent me from acting for the better-ment of you and your coustmers. Therefore, I didn't wnat to be sued, fined, or even jailed for breaking the law. maybe you want to consider removing that sign so next time we can act when something like that happens again."

    Yeah, this was being a "smart-azz". But for some, it will get the point across.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Gil223's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Weber County Utah
    Posts
    1,428
    Quote Originally Posted by Free View Post
    Just curious how ya'll present your holdster when entering a buisness that does not allow you to enter with your handgun? Do you still present your holdster as if you were oc? or do you cover it up with your shirt? Mine has to be looped through a belt. So it would be inconvienant to take off. I know its a personel preferance. I just want to know ya'll thoughts on it. Thanks
    It appears that most of us, including me, generally avoid doing business in places that wish to ignore our right to carry (I also avoid living in and visiting georgraphical regions that do that). Posting of prohibitive signs isn't very common where I live, except for those areas that are statutorily restricted (airports, federal buildings, courthouses, etc), so it isn't a particularly big deal here in Utah. However, like most areas, if you are asked to leave an establishment because of your OC, then you are obliged to do so or face trespass charges. You should NEVER relinquish control of your firearm, unless requested to do so by LE (and there are those who will argue even that point) and then simply because it may make your life a bit easier for the moment (as opposed to motivating the officer to bring his weapon to bear upon your body). Giving your firearm to an unauthorized person could be construed as a violation of federal law. Pax...
    MOLON LABE
    COUNTRY FIRST
    Glocks ROCK!

  12. #12
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg314 View Post
    ...But I highly recommend not to carry it at such places; hospiltals, schools, day care, and all the others on that list. Just in case it falls out, discharges,etc and you hurt someone. ...
    What does the location of carry have to do with someone not properly securing a carried firearm?

    If you don't carry in a way that properly secures a firearm, you shouldn't be carrying ANYWHERE. And since you should be carrying EVERYWHERE, that means these problems are all solved by carrying SECURELY, no matter where you are going.

    I can see it now. A young lady in Wyoming has her improperly secured firearm discharge from negligence while in a Starbucks. She tells everyone else: "Relax, it's not like we're in a hospital or anything."
    Last edited by MAC702; 01-23-2012 at 10:34 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  13. #13
    Regular Member hermannr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Okanogan Highland
    Posts
    2,332
    I don't and won't shop at a business that will not allow me to carry, and I tell them so, and why. I just will not give them my business. There are very few places that do not allow carry around where I live, the few that tell you no guns allowed, I respond with, thank, I will remember not to shop here, and then leave. No guns = No Money, from me.

    My kids laugh and joke about "don't tell dad you bought it THERE...."

  14. #14
    Regular Member sraacke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Saint Gabriel, Louisiana, USA
    Posts
    1,222
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg314 View Post
    Generally, I respect the laws and those of the private business...
    That's nice. Always a good idea to respect others poperty and rights.
    With that being said... I wear mine too on my hip. Since its cooler now out side, I wear my jacket. If your holster is black and gun too.. it makes it harder to see with a jacket or coat. Unless you coat blows wide open.
    Unless your shirt is white and pants are kacki/tan like mine often are.

    But if they do not want you to carry inside... just put your shirt over it.
    Wait...???What? You start by saying you respect laws and private businesses rights then you say this? As for pulling my shirt over it, I wear clothes that are the proper size/fit. Pulling my shirt out and over isn't going to do a darn thing to cover my EDC gun/holster combo. Maybe you wear baggy shirts that you can pull out which will hang down low enough to cover a full sized gun in a duty holster but not me.
    But I highly recommend not to carry it at such places; hospiltals, schools, day care, and all the others on that list.
    What list? Why make an exception for these or any other place? What makes these places different than any other place?
    Just in case it falls out, discharges,etc and you hurt someone.
    ???!!!??? What the hell kinda POS are you using as a holster? IN CASE IT FALLS OUT??? Seriously? Good Grief. Spend a few bucks and buy a decent retention holster. While you are at it get a modern handgun which isn't going to just "go off" if it hits the floor. I carry a modern DA semiauto in a triple retention duty holster. There are going to have to be several failures before my gun just falls out and discharges.
    But trust me... if you end up "saving the day" they are going to be glad you had it.
    Save the day? Let me think about this for a sec. I'm legally armed and I see a sign that says NO GUNS ALLOWED. So I say "screw that" and pull my 5X Big and Tall shirt (which I bought just for such an occasion) out and cover my weapon. Hopefully I have my Conceal Carry Permit with me but, hey, I'm already disregarding the business owners wishes and basically trespassing with my firearm so what's a little Illegal Carry of a Firearm charge going to worry me for? Now I'm in there and some criminal enters the place with ill intent. But I have a gun and I totally buy into the whole "If I have a gun then I am a Sheepdog and not a loser like I've been my whole life and it even makes my weiner be not so small" concept and I pull my cheap, pawnshop reject of a gun from my Zero retention gun condom of a holster. Using all of the skills I've developed from watching endless hours of action movies like Die Hard and Lethal Weapon and playing Call of Duty I engage the enemy before he can harm the Sheep. <-'cause that's what we call those poor defenseless souls who inhabit our universe, right? I fire a perfect triple tap, two to the chest, one to the head, and the bad guy goes down. Permanetly. Good thing because my gun immedatily jams up and is useless for any follow up shots. I put it back in the holster and as I go to cover it back with my shirt it falls out of the holster, hits the floor and discharges, self clearing the jam. The cops show up and congradulate me on a job well done and one of the detectives tells me how much he wishes I would apply to the police department because they need a guy like me protecting the city. Later the Mayor gives me the keys to the city and proclaims the day as "Sheepdog Day".

    But, knowing me... if I was carrying it and I wasn't supposed to. And something "happen", after the situration was done... I would have a quick talk with the person in charge, ask him to step out of the business... I would probably say, "... sir/ ms., this could have be avoided or I would have kept the person in check and we could have arressted him. As you see, I am "carrying", but your laws-as you have posted on the door prevent me from acting for the better-ment of you and your coustmers. Therefore, I didn't wnat to be sued, fined, or even jailed for breaking the law. maybe you want to consider removing that sign so next time we can act when something like that happens again."

    Yeah, this was being a "smart-azz". But for some, it will get the point across.
    I don't know what your point was. That after a place is robbed or employees are traumatized you would pull one of the employees to the side and tell them how you would have been a hero if it wasn't for their sign? Are you kidding me? You'd tell them... Oh, and by the way, you are in fact breaking their policies but you are one of the good guys unlike the guy who just disrupted their entire day and so they should see your side of things and get rid of the sign? I'm pretty sure that would not be the best time to make your case for that business to throw out it's No Weapons policy.
    If anything "happen" I'm not going to say anything to anyone except the detective doing the investigation and then only what he needs to know. I'm certainly not going to rub an employees nose in his companies policy and flaunt the fact that I had disregarded it.
    I mean, What the heck man?
    Last edited by sraacke; 01-24-2012 at 04:33 AM.
    President/ Founding Member
    Louisiana Open Carry Awareness League
    www.laopencarry.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •