Thread: Illinois State Representative has filed a bill that would legalize recording a police

Illinois State Representative has filed a bill that would legalize recording a police

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2...olice-officers

Lets hope that this bill goes through for all of you who live in the draconian state of Illinois
    Last edited by Verd; 01-19-2012 at 06:57 AM.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Rep. Elaine Nekritz....democrat....just moved up the list of enemies of the state.

Officials with the Fraternal Order of Police in Chicago have said the union backs the current law because it prevents people from making baseless accusations against officers by recording them and then releasing snippets that don't reveal the full context of the incident. Ryan Haggerty, Chicago Tribune reporter
    It also permits the corrupt thug cops to punish those uppity citizens who release recordings of corrupt thug cops breaking the law.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare