• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Illinois State Representative has filed a bill that would legalize recording a police

OC for ME

Rep. Elaine Nekritz....democrat....just moved up the list of enemies of the state.

Officials with the Fraternal Order of Police in Chicago have said the union backs the current law because it prevents people from making baseless accusations against officers by recording them and then releasing snippets that don't reveal the full context of the incident. Ryan Haggerty, Chicago Tribune reporter
It also permits the corrupt thug cops to punish those uppity citizens who release recordings of corrupt thug cops breaking the law.