• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights (v2)

paul@paul-fisher.com

He was open carrying in Red Lobster and eating at the bar. No one threw him out...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...tained-no-NOT-detained!-St-Peters-Red-Lobster

Snip: Detained, no, NOT detained! St. Peters Red Lobster

Well I made it by mom & Dad's before Starbucks tonight to get the wheel gun I keep there since pop wanted one and mom freaks over the XD's not having a safety. I needed it to complete the "cowboy" stereotype for the "M" in case he mustered the courage to actually show up and engage in civil conversation, he did not.

So we call it a night at Starbucks and I head hom to take my lovely maiden out on the town to my least favorite restaurant Red Lobster, sea food is not my thing and the NY strip there is just ok, but it is one of those days it is her choice!

Of course this is the same story for perhaps 300 other folks so there is a huge long wait, 1.5 hours is what we were told. Lucky for us, while we prefer a booth, they have backs on the chairs at the bar so it works too. A couple got up and we took their seats and began our dinner. Now for those reading along, note I am not carrying your regular compact automatic so many of us enjoy, I have a 6" stainless 686-4 hanging off my side, this is a fairly large "Dirty Harry" looking thing.

The couple next to us at the bar are talking a little about it but not negative at all and after perhaps 30 minutes ask if it was indeed a Valentines day gift. I told them no and I had just come from a meeting with friends to help against the Starbucks boycott. Now bear in mind, we stood in the entry for perhaps 20 minutes talking with various persons and have now been seated for perhaps an hour when all of the sudden here are the popo! The conversation went very close to what is below, I did not have my camera on when it started, but did get it turned on during the event, if anything is worth showing, I will upload it but since it was so unexpected I doubt there is anything of value. Here are the events as they unfolded:"

Complete post at the link above....
I do not believe I have OC'ed at a Red Lobster but I also don't believe I have tried to because I haven't been to a Red Lobster since 11/1.

I have been at Olive Garden in Janesville at least a couple times and Nancy and I were both open carrying. No issues.

protias

Ace in S Milwaukee is not posted, and i have heard from others that many ace stores are not.

Ace stores are ones I have to fix. I haven't had time to do it yet. If anyone is able to go through the old thread and let me know what is posted, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
After going through this whole list I didn't see the "Alliant Energy Center" in Madison listed. Does anybody know if their posted?

Thanks

JJC

It is owned by Dane County, so you can be certain that it is posted along with all other county-owned buildings.

Grizz272

Ace Hardware in Mayville is now posted. 2 weeks ago it was not posted and today I saw the new sign. Went down to true Value for the extension cord I needed

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
It's a sad day in my world. My "Cheer's" posted some time last week.

Barley Pop in Germantown is now posted. Sad sad day in my world.

IcrewUH60

Dimitri's Gyros - Madison, WI

http://www.yelp.com/biz/dimitris-gyros-madison

is posted. walked in today for lunch (been meaning to try them out for the longest time). I noticed a NO WEAPONS sign on the door and went in to talk to them about it. I asked if the sign was "for real" and the cashier replied with "yes". I said "that's too bad, I was looking forward to eating lunch here" and as I began to walk away the cashier said.. "no wait, it's ok, you can stay".

I pointed at the sign and said "not while that's up... Have a nice day".

Went down the street to "The Peoples Bakery" on East Washington and enjoyed a really good gyro. I didn't notice the "Recall Walker" sticker until it was too late. Oh well, guess I'm just not meant to eat gyros :cry:

paul@paul-fisher.com

Woller True Value, Elkhorn WI is posted.

I went to the Woller True Value store at 455 E GENEVA ST, ELKHORN, WI 53121-1939 is posted. It must be fairly recent because I've open carried there this year, I believe.I sent them an email.

protias

Went to Wilde Subaru in Waukesha yesterday to see how well a Subaru is in snow. While I was impressed with it, saw the doors posted when we went back in. I told them (salesman and I think the GM) I cannot do business with any business that does not respect the Constitution. Hopefully they change their policy, but I'm not holding my breathe.

davegran

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wiscon
Marley's in the dells is posted at "The Reef" entrance. http://www.thereefnightclub.com/ The sign is WAY larger than it needs to be.
http://www.thereefnightclub.com/?page_id=395 Rule 12. "CONCEALED WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED IN THIS FACILITY."
"The Reef" has a formidable list of rules.... "You vill obey zee rules, dumpkoff!"
Dress Code
1. NO BAGGY/OVERSIZED CLOTHING OR JEWELRY.
2. NO BANDANAS, SKULLCAPS, JERSEYS, SWEATPANTS, OR TRACK PANTS.

3. NO HATS ALLOWED.
4. PURSED AND HANDBAGS WILL BE CHECKED.
5. MANDATORY COAT CHECK.
RULES & REGULATIONS

1. EVERYONE MUST HAVE A GOOD TIME!
  2. FIGHTING AND OTHER MALICIOUS BEHAVIOR IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
  3. NO SMOKING INSIDE THE BAR AREA. PLEASE USE THE SMOKING BAR.
  4. LAST CALL IS AT 2:10 A.M AND ALL GUESTS WILL LEAVE THE BAR AT 2:30 A.M.
  5. PROFANITY IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED AND JUST PLAIN RUDE MON’!
  6. ALL GUESTS WILL KEEP THEIR HANDS, FEET, AND OTHER BODY PARTS TO THEMSELVES.
  7. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES NOT PURCHASED AT THE REEF ARE PROHIBITED.
  8. ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN INTO THE PARKING LOT AREA.
  9. IT IS DANGEROUS AND ILLEGAL TO DRINK & DRIVE. PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU DRINK AND CALL SAFE RIDE TO GET HOME!
  10. ALL GUESTS OF THE REEF WILL DRINK RESPONSIBLY AND OBEY ALL RULES OR RISK EJECTION AND BLACKLISTING.
  11. PURSES AND HANDBAGS WILL BE CHECKED.
  12. CONCEALED WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED IN THIS FACILITY.
  13. NO VIDEO RECORDING.
  14. DANCE AT YOUR OWN RISK!
  15. ZERO TOLERANCE FOR FIGHTING AND INDECENT BEHAVIOR.
  16. WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REFUSE SERVICE TO ANYONE.
  17. EVERYONE MUST HAVE A GOOD TIME!
"You VILL haf a goot time!" :uhoh:

NoTolerance

I stopped at Gander Mountain in Franklin today. I was open carrying.

As I reached the inner doors, I noticed this sign:

2012-03-11 13.34.11.jpg

That photo was actually taken of another, identical sign posted in the holsters aisle.

I've see others post Gander signs specifying they will respect concealed AND open carry. This one is obviously different.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the sign and it's simply meant to dissuade CCW people from pulling their firearm out while in the store. However, it seems to imply that if you're carrying, it must be concealed.

Last edited:

Carryon

They want you to carry in one you are looking to sell, buy accessories for, etc; not have it loaded and concealed. Seen something similar at another Gander.

Carryon

Scoop's Bar Delavan posted

Scoop's, south side of Lake Delavan. 2645 County Road O, Delavan, WI 53115

Went there for first time yesterday, neighbor invited me for a party.

No firearms including concealed. Sign is up, held in place with duck tape on doors.

Small local bar, nothing special. You won't be missing anything by skipping it.

protias

I stopped at Gander Mountain in Franklin today. I was open carrying.

As I reached the inner doors, I noticed this sign:

View attachment 8112

That photo was actually taken of another, identical sign posted in the holsters aisle.

I've see others post Gander signs specifying they will respect concealed AND open carry. This one is obviously different.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the sign and it's simply meant to dissuade CCW people from pulling their firearm out while in the store. However, it seems to imply that if you're carrying, it must be concealed.

If you are carrying, then it must remain in the holster.

keepyourreceipt

I stopped at the Frank L. Weyenberg library in Mequon a few days ago to grab some tax forms. I happened to not be carrying at the time, but I've still trained myself to check the doors of every place I go for signs. There were no signs on either set of doors entering the library, but I turned my head a full 90 degrees to the left and spotted this 8x12" sign way off to the side.

Attachments

• IMAG0167.jpg
    IMAG0167.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 159