• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin stores that infringe upon our rights (v2)

Da Po-lock

BUDGET CINEMA inside Green Bay's East Town Mall

The Cinema itself is located inside Green Bay's East Town Mall.

Saw the sign today that it is posted "NO DEADLY WEAPONS"

ONLY the Budget Cinema is posted.

Green Bay's East Town Mall took down their signs a while ago due to the efforts of some of the fine people who are on this board so please patronize any of the stores in the mall.

A BIG Thank You to East Town Mall management and the people here.........

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
Griddler's Cafe (The old George Webb's) in Menomonee Falls.

Don't know if it was an employee or a patron that called the police on me when I disarmed in the parking lot (was meeting family there otherwise I wouldn't have gone in) but even if they change their policy I will NEVER go anywhere near that place again.

The cop that came in to chat with me was very polite and professional. He said that someone called in a MWAG in the parking lot. I verified that it was me, and that I was disarming to abide by the businesses chosen policy. When the waitress overheard the conversation, she refused to serve me because I'm a "gun nut". We promptly cancelled our order and walked out of the establishment under police protection. The whole restaurant watched through the window as I opened my trunk, unlocked my weapon, and re-armed right in front of the cop. We shook hands and went our separate ways.

Blast Chamber

Griddler's Cafe (The old George Webb's) in Menomonee Falls.

I agree, it's just unbelievable. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

I work in Germantown, so I just sent an email to the Griddler's Cafe corporate office letting them know I will not be patronizing their establishment for lunch because of their policy and the actions of this waitress. I also included a link to this thread.

http://griddlerscafe.com/contact-us/

Mike

Site Co-Founder
Focus on a few proprietors who ban gun carry. They wanno post, fine, then they can look out their wondows and see open carry picketers in the sidewalk in front of their store front.

This can be a great family event for weekends, and evenings, and will be very press friendly.

Other establishments will take note.

TaurusToter

Campaign Veteran
I agree, it's just unbelievable. I'm sorry to hear that happened to you.

I work in Germantown, so I just sent an email to the Griddler's Cafe corporate office letting them know I will not be patronizing their establishment for lunch because of their policy and the actions of this waitress. I also included a link to this thread.

http://griddlerscafe.com/contact-us/

Thanks! Didn't know they had a website (if I had been allowed to stay there more than a few minutes I might have found that out). I will be emailing them as well with my concerns to this event

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Focus on a few proprietors who ban gun carry. They wanno post, fine, then they can look out their wondows and see open carry picketers in the sidewalk in front of their store front.

This can be a great family event for weekends, and evenings, and will be very press friendly.

We have to get ourselves organized for the Spring and Summer months and picket a few of these places. We haven't had a demonstration like this in quite a while. The last time we did this it was eye opening to the State Police and all those that drove by us and waved at us including the police cruiser who gave us a thumbs up and let his siren wail a few seconds. As for now, we won't patronize those that post and we do let them know our intentions and post it on the Internet.

Miggs

No responsible gun owner in Wisconsin will stoop that low. I would hope WCI members would be way above that kind of behavior.

BTW folks in Wisconsin like to identify by name picketers they see on the TV news and make that information public. Happened in Madison.

There are a couple of big market radio personalities who have already asked listeners to call in to their program if they can identify picketers. They will make you famous.

Blast Chamber

Thanks! Didn't know they had a website (if I had been allowed to stay there more than a few minutes I might have found that out). I will be emailing them as well with my concerns to this event

I received the following reply to my email from the owner of Griddler's Cafe. Actually, he signs the email as "owner", but then states that the Menomonee Falls location is independently owned. Whatever the case, the actions of the staff there have reflected negatively on his stores as a whole. The Falls franchise has done his corporate brand a real disservice, and if I were Mr. Hensiak I'd be having a serious talk with the owner of that location about his policies.

I'm not sure what the details were in the situation that you referred to -
the Menomonee Falls store is independently owned.

As a gun owner myself I don't see any problems at all with the new concealed
carry law. Of course every property owner and business owner has the right
to decide how things are handled.

My apologies if the incident was handled poorly. There will be a learning
curve for everyone on this topic. Be assured that we support citizens legal
rights, while understanding that the individual business owner has to make
decisions as well.

Don Hensiak,
Owner

Plankton

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
No responsible gun owner in Wisconsin will stoop that low. I would hope WCI members would be way above that kind of behavior.

BTW folks in Wisconsin like to identify by name picketers they see on the TV news and make that information public. Happened in Madison.

There are a couple of big market radio personalities who have already asked listeners to call in to their program if they can identify picketers. They will make you famous.

Say hi to Jeri for me.:lol:

bc.cruiser

Griddler's Cafe (The old George Webb's) in Menomonee Falls. When the waitress overheard the conversation, she refused to serve me because I'm a "gun nut".

And you did not ask for the manager? So sorry; if wait staff won't serve me because of my beliefs, then believe that the manager is going to know about it! Ask if the wait staff get to set policy, or if the establishment is so hard up for workers that they allow this.

I guess I just happened to frequent places that were gun-friendly in the nine years I drove trucks in and through WI.

In reference to the Madison East and West Towne malls: It seems most of CBL properties are posted against firearms. The signs are normally at the entrance to the parking lots. They're here, too.

Last edited:

Mlutz

The Mile Bluff Clinic in Mauston is no longer posted. The hospital also lacks any anti-weapon signs.
However, we will be adding another business in Mauston that is posted. The locksmith/laundromat/ups shipping business (Smith Services) on North Union is posted, "No concealed weapons on premises." The sign is NO WHERE near large enough. Tried to get a picture of the sign, but the flash kept making it invisible. This is the same place I was asked to leave almost 2 years ago by one employee. After shipping several items with the owners while Oc and having zero issues. Talked to the owner after the employee kicked me out, and he said he didn't care either way, but claimed he "didn't see any reason to have a gun in a laundromat." Haven't been back until tonight after I heard they were posted.

RR_Broccoli

Schwoegler's Park Towne Bowl - Madison

Schwoegler's Park Towne Bowl - Madison on Grand Canyon Drive is posted at all doors. To their credit, they have nice big signs.

Unfortunately, the guys that run the place are about the crankiest ever. Who starts an argument with a group buying 6 pitchers of beer about how many glasses they need? We'll just drink straight from the pitcher next time. :mad:

LOERetired

AMC Desert Star Cinema NO FIREARMS SIGN

Add AMC Desert Star Cinema to the list....

AMC Desert Star 15
1301 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South
Hwy. 12 & I-90/94 (Exit 92)
Lake Delton, WI 53940

Mlutz

Add AMC Desert Star Cinema to the list....

AMC Desert Star 15
1301 Wisconsin Dells Parkway South
Hwy. 12 & I-90/94 (Exit 92)
Lake Delton, WI 53940

I figured they would be posting. The amc in fitchburg was posted pre act 35. Again, its odd that businesses are posting signs now. I oc'd in the dells one before with no issues. But I suppose now that concealed carry is legal... Some peoples kids... :-/

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Olive Garden Darden Restaurants boycott effective? Olive Garden tries to woo customes

What boycott? I have open carried in Olive Garden in Janesville with zero issues.
http://www.vcdl.org/static/gue.html#Red Lobster

VCDL President, Philip Van Cleave has learned Darden Restaurants doesn't want our business, at least not in their Red Lobster restaurants. It is unclear, though likely, they don't want our business in their other restaurants as well; Olive Garden, Smokey Bones BBQ, and Seasons 52. Darden does NOT franchise, so every one of their restaurants are company owned, so this would be a national policy.

If you used to go to any Darden restaurant, you should tell them why you won't be back.

Dear Mr. Van Cleave,

Thank you for your interest in Red Lobster; it is always a pleasure to hear from our guests.

Red Lobster does not permit weapons of any kind in our restaurants, whether unconcealed or not. This policy is in effect for the safety and comfort of our guests and employees.

Again, thank you for taking the time to contact us.

Sincerely,

Stephen
Sr. Guest Relations Representative

Last edited:

Teej

I had reason to be at the West Allis harbor freight. I made extensive efforts to find any hint of posting and saw none. Not on the door. Not on the window above the door. Not on any of the windows around the door.

I stood and looked there long enough searching for any sign of posting in the window that I wonder what anyone who might have seen me thought I was looking for.

Anyone else seen something there I've missed?

protias

I had reason to be at the West Allis harbor freight. I made extensive efforts to find any hint of posting and saw none. Not on the door. Not on the window above the door. Not on any of the windows around the door.

I stood and looked there long enough searching for any sign of posting in the window that I wonder what anyone who might have seen me thought I was looking for.

Anyone else seen something there I've missed?

I do not believe all of them are posted, but a number of them are. At this point, it is uncertain if it is a corporate decision, or certain ones in this state that are using more authority than is given to them.

rcawdor57

Campaign Veteran
Red Lobster In ALL Of Their Restaurants? Check Out This From Missouri....

He was open carrying in Red Lobster and eating at the bar. No one threw him out...

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...tained-no-NOT-detained!-St-Peters-Red-Lobster

Snip: Detained, no, NOT detained! St. Peters Red Lobster

Well I made it by mom & Dad's before Starbucks tonight to get the wheel gun I keep there since pop wanted one and mom freaks over the XD's not having a safety. I needed it to complete the "cowboy" stereotype for the "M" in case he mustered the courage to actually show up and engage in civil conversation, he did not.

So we call it a night at Starbucks and I head hom to take my lovely maiden out on the town to my least favorite restaurant Red Lobster, sea food is not my thing and the NY strip there is just ok, but it is one of those days it is her choice!

Of course this is the same story for perhaps 300 other folks so there is a huge long wait, 1.5 hours is what we were told. Lucky for us, while we prefer a booth, they have backs on the chairs at the bar so it works too. A couple got up and we took their seats and began our dinner. Now for those reading along, note I am not carrying your regular compact automatic so many of us enjoy, I have a 6" stainless 686-4 hanging off my side, this is a fairly large "Dirty Harry" looking thing.

The couple next to us at the bar are talking a little about it but not negative at all and after perhaps 30 minutes ask if it was indeed a Valentines day gift. I told them no and I had just come from a meeting with friends to help against the Starbucks boycott. Now bear in mind, we stood in the entry for perhaps 20 minutes talking with various persons and have now been seated for perhaps an hour when all of the sudden here are the popo! The conversation went very close to what is below, I did not have my camera on when it started, but did get it turned on during the event, if anything is worth showing, I will upload it but since it was so unexpected I doubt there is anything of value. Here are the events as they unfolded:"

Complete post at the link above....