• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do this now to support oc in missouri

OC for ME

If it's OK for me to play in this sand box..... YES I asked (before the bill went public) that talk of pre-emption be left off this forum (PMs, a lot of them!). It's public and we need all the calls, letters, emails and vists we can muster.

Our numbers here are fairly small but the constitutional rights we have been denied by local governemnt is a big deal!
Fortunately we have a very strong 2A Majority in the house and senate and pro-2A legislators from both parties. I have no idea what the one "independent" house member thinks.

Mr. Tilley, the speaker of the Missouri House will assign HB1369 to a committee next week! Trust me on this one...
We sit and type about B/S on this forum every day, it's time to get our 2A rights back, especially those concerning OC.

There are a few of us that actually worked our fricken tails off to get us this far, stop the fricken whinning!

Step by step..... step by step.... step by step!

Want to work against 2A rights? Join the Brady bunch!
What in the wide wide world of sports is a going on here!?!?!?!

Missouri we have a pre-emption Bill 1-18-2012 @ 5:25 PM.

The this thread is started, 1-19-201 @ 4:29 PM, asking that we NOT discuss pre-emption.

So, which one is it?:banghead:

OC for ME

My point exactly. For some strange reason SB680 (preemption) is now (post HB1369 being filed) a taboo subject.

I wonder what the good Senator Nieves thinks about all this HB1369 this, don't talk about preemption that?

What!! Talking about preemption will get both SB680 AND HB1369 killed? With the current make-up of the legislature the only person who is gunna kill this (SB680 or HB1369) is Nixon.....unless of course SB680 is the proverbial bait to the HB1369 switch....

sneaky spooky dudes......(queue the sinister laugh)

OC for ME

Or, maybe it's a 'we don't give a rip about preemption or constitutional carry once HB1369 is the law' kind of thing. If you have a permit you can OC and CCW anywhere you wish 21.750.3 used or not. If you have a permit you can OC picking your kid up from school. You will be able to OC anywhere a permits is required to carry. If you have a permit you are set, why rock the boat? If you need a permit you gotta pay to get one.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
My point exactly. For some strange reason SB680 (preemption) is now (post HB1369 being filed) a taboo subject.

I wonder what the good Senator Nieves thinks about all this HB1369 this, don't talk about preemption that?

What!! Talking about preemption will get both SB680 AND HB1369 killed? With the current make-up of the legislature the only person who is gunna kill this (SB680 or HB1369) is Nixon.....unless of course SB680 is the proverbial bait to the HB1369 switch....

sneaky spooky dudes......(queue the sinister laugh)

Or, maybe it's a 'we don't give a rip about preemption or constitutional carry once HB1369 is the law' kind of thing. If you have a permit you can OC and CCW anywhere you wish 21.750.3 used or not. If you have a permit you can OC picking your kid up from school. You will be able to OC anywhere a permits is required to carry. If you have a permit you are set, why rock the boat? If you need a permit you gotta pay to get one.

Wow, just flat out wow moment for me. I now fully understand why so many gun groups totally refuse to discuss at any level what it is they are doing. It gets turned into absolute bull-crap like this, how sad.

For those interested parties, gunner, myself and many others pushed to get SB680 into the Senate and are still trying to get the same into the house aka a join bill. As stated in another post, I typed out the text of SB680, put it in the required 12 font, times new roman and it was forwarded as “what we want” when we were indeed questioned on that very topic.

We had nothing to do with HB1369, we did not create it, we did not ask for it, we did not plot it out as a trade off bill, we simply noticed as we sat around complaining that our Senate bill was not prefiled. We were indeed concerned our efforts might not play out and we might not see it come to exist. We did not talk about it at all after about September of last year, we asked others not to talk about it either out of concern that if it became a topic of much discussion, political pressure could indeed prevent it from ever getting filed.

I was VERY disappointed and voiced as much when it did not happen the first week of session and felt we might well have failed.

Then we got it, exactly what we wrote and we are thrilled and are BEGGING the OC masses to show support for it, SB680 is GREAT, it dumps the ability for localities to regulate carry method and cleans up the regulation of discharge to incorporate our castle law statutes as a whole.

Shortly after, some other group got HB1369 entered into the house. I do not know who, I do not know when they began work on it, I do not know the motives behind entering it. I do know it was NOT the same group “us” that did it. We have never discussed a limited right, well let me be totally honest, we never discussed it before it was entered by whatever group entered it. After that, hell yes we talked about it, I have been talking about it here as well. It’s a gun law, we are freakin talking about ALL of them!

We had nothing to do with 1369 so we have no ability to bait and switch.

There is no conspiracy, there is no debate, there is no formal name, there are no dues or memberships, there is only one agenda at all, constitutional carry for the state of MO. Every one of us wants the government out of our lives and away from our rights, all of them completely. SB680 comes REAL close and we seek every single person reading along to voice support for it, only YOU can make it happen.

I will be calling, writing, and speaking for BOTH bills and if HB1369 starts making a lot of headway and is on its way, if you think for one second I am not going to ask “what about SB680” then you have not read these forums enough because I NEVER keep my mouth shut when you get to the end.

Now if you read this far, I want you folks to take one long hard look at what is truth and what is bull. If nothing else consider this simple fact, our group, the small lobby for OC in mo, we have never asked for your dollars have we? A folk, its grass roots, just that simple and the group is YOU TOO. All that is asked for is your letters, your phone calls, and if you can, meet face to face with your reps and senators and tell them you want 680. I personally will be doing that along with telling them I want to see support on both of them and I will indeed vote for persons with the courage to push for them.

Rich

OC for ME

Got it. I'll tone it down and retract the bait & switch comment, it was over the top. BUT....BUT, when mspgunner on 01-24-2012, @ 09:15 PM makes this comment:
YES I asked (before the bill went public) that talk of pre-emption be left off this forum (PMs, a lot of them!).
What is one to think? This comment coming from the guys fighting for all of us in the trenches that is Jeff City.

You can call bull-crap all you want. I was not there and I know mspgunner, you, and many others have been in the forefront. If you guys do not seem to be on the same page, from my perspective, what do you expect from us folks out in the sticks?

So, you and others got SB680 going, HB1369 came out of nowhere, then mspgunner makes that statement on this SB680 thread (his post #18).

What the heck!

sohighlyunlikely

My Rep

I was looking at the General Laws committee and noticed that my state rep was on it. She is a freshman Rep that just got voted in a few months ago. She was to liberal for even the Democrats and so ran in the race as an Independent. My guess is most people who voted for her didn't realize she wasn't a middle ground independent but was very very progressive leaning, That being said I want to hear directly from her the stance she has on HB1369. I have written to other Reps and Senators and if they are progressive Dems they never answer my email questions, or just send back the blanket statement of "I do support the 2nd Amendment". I want her to at least know people will be aware of her actions.(I X'ed out my person info here but not in my email).

Doc

Dear Miss McCreery,
I am a CCW permit holder and a resident in your district. I see you are on the committee that HB1369 has been assigned to. I am very interested in seeing HB1369 making it to a vote and passing into law. I want to know your stance on CCW permits and on HB1369.

Steve RXXXXX
XXXX XXXX Ave.
Overland MO 63114

mspgunner

What in the wide wide world of sports is a going on here!?!?!?!

Missouri we have a pre-emption Bill 1-18-2012 @ 5:25 PM.

The this thread is started, 1-19-201 @ 4:29 PM, asking that we NOT discuss pre-emption.

So, which one is it?:banghead:

I did PM many folks to not mention pre-emption till we had a bill. The devil is in the details.
It is difficult to tell which bill(s) will go on and which will stall.
It's the games people play in Jefferson City. On purpose it is difficult for a bill to become law and it can come to a hault any where along the line for any reason.
If not assigned to "Committee" it's "dead"!
Go to the "house" web site and see "HOW A BILL BECOMES LAW"!

OC for ME

I do know how bills become law. I am no rabid OC rube. Words mean things and all I have right now is what you and others have posted to help some of us to form opinions. Now, my opinion has changed regarding the two bills, well not HB1369, because more information has been provided.

In fact I am the dude who got that poor excuse for a 'Don't Tread On Me' license plate started. Is that little 'victory' on the same level as your efforts? Of course not. My experience with how bills become law may not be as extensive as others, but I do have experience. Going to Jeff City is not the only way one can get stuff done in Jeff City.

I can only speak for myself, and I am eternally grateful to you, LMTD, and the many others who do go to Jeff City.

Festus_Hagen

Got it. I'll tone it down and retract the bait & switch comment, it was over the top. BUT....BUT, when mspgunner on 01-24-2012, @ 09:15 PM makes this comment: What is one to think? This comment coming from the guys fighting for all of us in the trenches that is Jeff City.

You can call bull-crap all you want. I was not there and I know mspgunner, you, and many others have been in the forefront. If you guys do not seem to be on the same page, from my perspective, what do you expect from us folks out in the sticks?

So, you and others got SB680 going, HB1369 came out of nowhere, then mspgunner makes that statement on this SB680 thread (his post #18).

What the heck!
Have you contacted MSPGunner and talked to him OFF the board, like PM's maybe ? I have, and I get frequent emails from him and others, as we are on a mailing list, about what's going on . No, we don't want stuff that is being worked on put out in public before it's ready to go somewhere. Then the anti's can make sure they look for it and squash it or railroad it.

If you are wondering what the problem is, maybe you should ask to be included in the movement so you will have a better understanding of it.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate

What the heck!

Well I can not speak for gunner directly, but I can and will make it a lot more clear.

With the BS that Paul Martin managed to pull, collectivly as a group we decided to discontinue any public conversation about any legislative efforts at all and we said we would discourage it as well, nothing more and nothing less. This would give us off the radar time to get our ducks in a row and communicate with the reps without making a lot of noise while doing so, it is really just that simple. It would not matter what kind of gun legislation was brought up, it was to be politely discouraged so we could try and get preemption into the mix this year.

Sir, we are indeed newbies to it, I have very publicly and even privately asked for help from others I know are involved and I got nothing but "your going to screw it up" so, yes, there are pitfalls and we are going to fall into them because we are bullrushing into it with far less experience than we would like to have, but you know what, we have their ears and they are listening to us.

As soon as we were told it was a good idea to make some noise, we started making noise.

I am going to be supporting some of the bills munzlinger put forward as well, that does not mean I am going to trade my support for 680 for those bills, and none of them are going to ever do that and they are not going to do it for gunner either.

We are not traveling across this state to support politicians who have pledged to support 680 for fun at 3 bucks a gallon! I did not ask a man who was detained in STL county to please hold on and tell a senator his story so I could bail on this bill and neither did gunner.

Want to help? Bang on some doors and see if you can help us get it into the house as well as a joint bill might get tagged and slid over into an omnibus and we get 680 totally making 1369 moot!

We ain't done, we just started and this misunderstanding turned conspiracy is exactly what kills us, it needs to be a united effort and sir, it is all out in the open, we just did not talk about it until it was DONE. I was told three days before it hit that it was done and I was so pissed on day two when it was not there I thought I would bust. In other words, I have no patients, but I am asking you to have some and know ahead of time, we are not the NRA, GOA,SAF VCDL, or missouricarry. We are us, nothing more and nothing less, freshmen lobbist, activist, advocate and mistake makers.

Rich