• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Permit to purchase: how long does it really take?

papa bear

This is 100% true. The NC Purchase Permit program is nothing more than a held-over Jim Crow law. IT has nothing to do with safety or effective background checks, given that the check they perform to issue a Purchase Permit is a NICS check, which can be done in less than 5 minutes...

Modern "Gun Control" laws are almost each and every one based on racist Jim Crow laws and preventing guns from getting into the hands of the "wrong kinds of people"--meaning minorities, Native Americans, single women and poor folk.

NC's Purchase Permit program needs to be stricken from the books--it is a disgusting remnant of an ugly period of American history. Every Pistol Purchase Permit that is processed in NC is a slap in the face to every person who ever fought for Civil Rights in the US, and a constant reminder to the rest of the country that NC legislators are, almost each and every one--night-riding, cross-burning, white hood-wearing racists in their heart of hearts--regardless of their own race.

Agreed with DREAMER, and add several cuss words to that

tim12232

Back on topic! I was in a few months ago to "order a few" I dropped it off on monday and then on the fallowing saturday, I received a letter saying my permits were ready to be picked up. I had to wait till monday being that office is only monday through friday!

So I would say generally in Charlotte, a week to two on average.

Tim

Jerry1981

I guess i was lucky i went downtown on a thurs and had a response in the mail the next day and picked it up. So within 24 hrs for me. But I have CHP now so I am glad i dont have to deal with that anymore because you can only get 3 at a time and i used 2 real quick .

Last edited: