Thread: a helpful site in WEST VIRIGINIA

a helpful site in WEST VIRIGINIA

There is a great site called "ask the wildlife police" here in WV, it is a great place to have questions answered on oc or cc here, as our conversation officers, now known as wildlife police, interpet the laws to the letter. It may be legal to lay a holstered weapon on your dash, but the wildlife police can interput that as hunting from a car. The man who answers the question is a very good officer, as I have known him on and off duty. he was the best game and fish officer we had in our county.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eamelhorn View Post
    There is a great site called "ask the wildlife police" here in WV, it is a great place to have questions answered on oc or cc here, as our conversation officers, now known as wildlife police, interpet the laws to the letter. It may be legal to lay a holstered weapon on your dash, but the wildlife police can interput that as hunting from a car. The man who answers the question is a very good officer, as I have known him on and off duty. he was the best game and fish officer we had in our county.
    Welcome to OCDO - good to have you aboard.

With all due respect, sir, many (most?) here do not recommend asking a LEO for their "interpertation" of the law. The actual statute/ordinance/regulation is IMHO best explained by an attorney or from having been decided in a court of record.

Too often an officer or even an entire department has taken a position that proved to be contary to the law. To simply accept such an opinion is to forfeit a right and further compound the problem.

I an not attacking your friend, but am speaking to the point that there may be other sources of information that will be much more valid.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by eamelhorn View Post
    But couldn't they also interpret it that way if it were holstered on your hip or in a shoulder holster?

you are both correct, thats why i posted, they interput to thier benifit, our laws in this state are written so that on almost all ossasions DNR can ticket you with a hunting violation, when a gun is an issue. i love this site by the way.