Thread: Armed at church: Man shotgun robs church choir, Goose Creek, SC near NavWPNSta ChasSC

Herr Heckler Koch

Armed at church: Man shotgun robs church choir, Goose Creek, SC near NavWPNSta ChasSC

http://www.live5news.com/story/16556880/church
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rivera, WCSC
    Authorities responded to the St. James United Methodist Church on 512 St. James Ave. around 8 p.m. in reference to an armed robbery.

One of the victims told police that a man entered the church through an unlocked door and aimed a shotgun towards the choir area. The victims told police that the suspect then told the choir to get on the floor and to "Keep your heads down, I'll blow your head off."
    RCawdor57 and I worked nearby.

No need to carry at church? Why does SC have 23-31-215 (M)? It didn't seem to stop this criminal...
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    http://www.live5news.com/story/16556880/church
    RCawdor57 and I worked nearby.
    True! Heck, I lived in Goose Creek off and on for about 8 years. The Weapons Station is right down the road from G.C. Goose Creek also had that police officer that murdered his wife and disappeared. His name is Dan William Hiers...he is still out there.

Link: http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=30956
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    Goose Creek also had that police officer that murdered his wife and disappeared. His name is Dan William Hiers.
    Now here's a coincidence, you may have known nuclear electrical engineer Mickey Hiers, now deceased by his own hand and in suspicious circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Now here's a coincidence, you may have known nuclear electrical engineer Mickey Hiers, now deceased by his own hand and in suspicious circumstances.
    Interesting.... Are they related? I did not know Mickey Hiers.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Herr Heckler Koch
    I don't know, that's why I carefully wrote as I did.

I did later recall that his first given name was Seth. The suspicious circumstances were drug related.

A link on the same page as this article.

http://www.live5news.com/story/16569...house-shooting

Maybe the Brady Campaign can explain how everybody would have been safer had this law abiding patron been disarmed.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    A link on the same page as this article.

http://www.live5news.com/story/16569...house-shooting

Maybe the Brady Campaign can explain how everybody would have been safer had this law abiding patron been disarmed.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSZN-iL0hL8

This is the Sheriff of that county. I like him!

Herr Heckler Koch
    Chuck Wright is sheriff of Spartanburg Co. Goose Creek is in Berkeley Co., the sheriff there is Wayne Dewitt.

The sheriff of Charleston County is Al Cannon, USAF Colonel (ret) that I have known (through Mensa) since before 1988 when he was first elected. I was in his first citizens academy.
    Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 01-22-2012 at 05:06 PM.

Spartensburg S.C.? if you don't carry there, you best start.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...sc-waffle.html

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Spartensburg S.C.? if you don't carry there, you best start.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...sc-waffle.html

Ummm.. That is what started this whole thread.

Quote Originally Posted by paul@paul-fisher.com View Post
    Ummm.. That is what started this whole thread.
    Two different stories. OP happened in a church, where no-one could defend themselves, the one I posted was in a Waffle house, where a customer shot one of the bad guys.

Sorry I didn't catch the earlier posting of the waffle house robbery two posts before mine. Followup, the police did catch the second guy in the waffle house robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by hermannr View Post
    Two different stories. OP happened in a church, where no-one could defend themselves, the one I posted was in a Waffle house, where a customer shot one of the bad guys.

Sorry I didn't catch the earlier posting of the waffle house robbery two posts before mine. Followup, the police did catch the second guy in the waffle house robbery.
    Sorry, my bad!

True! Heck, I lived in Goose Creek off and on for about 8 years. The Weapons Station is right down the road from G.C. Goose Creek also had that police officer that murdered his wife and disappeared. His name is Dan William Hiers...he is still out there.

What the heck does my brother have anything to do with this thread? How do you know he murdered his wife? Maybe he was murdered himself. We don't know. We may never know.

Interesting.... Are they related? I did not know Mickey Hiers.

No, we are not related to Mickey Hiers. Never even heard of him!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by rcawdor57

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hiers View Post
    What the heck does my brother have anything to do with this thread? How do you know he murdered his wife? Maybe he was murdered himself. We don't know. We may never know.
    Suffice to say there are a lot of unsubstantiated claims made and considerable controversy. IMO - is is irresponsible for anyone to make judgements. I don't speculate - I wait for the facts to become known.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    If the Lord did not want us to carry, he would not have given us trigger fingers !

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    If the Lord did not want us to carry, he would not have given us trigger fingers !
    Digitally non-derisive - I get your point
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Why is this in the WI forum, when it has only the most tenuous link to WI?