Thread: SWD M11 9mm???

Question SWD M11 9mm???

A friend of mine recently traded an old set of wheels for a SWD M11 9mm. He doesn't know much about it but was wondering if it is legal in NC? and what it is worth? I don't know anything about this gun and was hoping for some insight. thanks.

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    That's a tough one. If the firearm in question only operates in semi-auto then I'd say yes it's legal. I noticed when I did my 5 minutes of research on them, it seemed that most came with a select fire feature. If the firearm in question has this feature then he will probably need to get a tax stamp. There are others on this forum who know way more about this subject than I do and can help you further. Remember, this is only what I think I know. I am not your or anyone elses lawyer and as such cannot be held responsible for the actions that you take after reading this information.

It is not fully automatic. Semi auto is inscribed on the side.

Regular Member Large Caliber Kick's Avatar
    Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
    Then he should be fine as long as he doesn't put a stock or a foregrip on it.

My old Cobray is a piece of junk or maybe just a lemon

Right now there is a live round stuck in the chamber, can't get it out without feeling like I'm about to break the little knob on top that pulls the slide. And it won't fire either.

Before that happened, getting through a full magazine without a jam was a rarity.

Hope 'your friend' has better luck with his!
    "In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." - Mark Twain

I don't bother with pragmatic statistics while discussing my constitutional rights. The issue is far less complex, to me. Free men should be able to act like free men.