• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SWD M11 9mm???

St8er

A friend of mine recently traded an old set of wheels for a SWD M11 9mm. He doesn't know much about it but was wondering if it is legal in NC? and what it is worth? I don't know anything about this gun and was hoping for some insight. thanks.

Large Caliber Kick

Mooresville, North Carolina, United States
That's a tough one. If the firearm in question only operates in semi-auto then I'd say yes it's legal. I noticed when I did my 5 minutes of research on them, it seemed that most came with a select fire feature. If the firearm in question has this feature then he will probably need to get a tax stamp. There are others on this forum who know way more about this subject than I do and can help you further. Remember, this is only what I think I know. I am not your or anyone elses lawyer and as such cannot be held responsible for the actions that you take after reading this information.

Smith45acp

My old Cobray is a piece of junk or maybe just a lemon

Right now there is a live round stuck in the chamber, can't get it out without feeling like I'm about to break the little knob on top that pulls the slide. And it won't fire either.

Before that happened, getting through a full magazine without a jam was a rarity.

Hope 'your friend' has better luck with his!