Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: SB 612: Transfer of rifles and shotguns.

  1. #1
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    SB 612: Transfer of rifles and shotguns.

    SB 612: Transfer of rifles and shotguns.

    Transfer of rifles and shotguns.

    No summary published, this is the highlighted text version.

    Tweaks to the law for buying long guns.

    TFred

  2. #2
    Moderator / Administrator
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Fairfax County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    8,711
    more than a tweek - the bill makes Va. a NICS state for long gun sales!

  3. #3
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    more than a tweek - the bill makes Va. a NICS state for long gun sales!
    I figured on a board dedicated to the OC of handguns, that would be a tweak.

    Actually, I haven't bought a long gun in a really long time, so I don't fully understand the ramifications... that's why we post and discuss!

    This board is an incredible education!

    TFred

  4. #4
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    more than a tweek - the bill makes Va. a NICS state for long gun sales!
    OK Mike, you seem to like the idea since this is not the first NIC bill you've boosted.

    Mind explaining why having the state give up their instant check is a good thing?

  5. #5
    Regular Member Felix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by peter nap View Post
    Mind explaining why having the state give up their instant check is a good thing?
    I take it that's a rhetorical question since the pros/cons have been posted ad nauseam on the web. Even the governor weighed in on the subject:

    http://myvssa.org/aggregator/sources/1

    http://hamptonroads.com/2012/01/mcdo...nd-checks-guns

    Insomnia? I see you posted that at 2:29 this morning.

    Nevertheless, I'd be pleased to read your thoughts. Or, if I've already missed it, please point me to the applicable thread.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

  6. #6
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580
    Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    I take it that's a rhetorical question since the pros/cons have been posted ad nauseam on the web. Even the governor weighed in on the subject:

    http://myvssa.org/aggregator/sources/1

    http://hamptonroads.com/2012/01/mcdo...nd-checks-guns

    Insomnia? I see you posted that at 2:29 this morning.

    Nevertheless, I'd be pleased to read your thoughts. Or, if I've already missed it, please point me to the applicable thread.
    No I don't have insominia. I generally get up around 3:00. Plenty of time to sleep after I'm dead.

    I don't read that stuff Felix. I read here and a few photography sites. I sure don't care what McDonnell says and yeah, it is retorical to a point. My mind is already made up. They are bad bills with the one P4P bill surprisingly, the best of them.

    I am interested in Mike's reasoning other than to speed up the process. If Hitler had had bar code scanners, it would have speeded up the demise of the Jews. I don't see where that would have been a good thing for anyone but the Nazi's though.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-20-2012 at 08:11 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •