Thread: What I want for Xmas

What I want for Xmas

A Reciprocity Agreement between Florida and Wisconsin.

Florida would most certainly honor a Wisconsin resident permit, but FL doesn't honor any resident permits from states that doesn't honor a FL resident permit.

It all up to WI-DOJ.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

You can keep a loaded handgun in your vehicle in FL legally

Without any licenses/permits from your home state or not,
    The way I remember the law is that the gun cannot be "readily accessible". this means it must be in some sort of container, be it a case, glove box, center console, etc etc etc.

The state of FL has an informative website where you can read up on this. Just make sure you do not have a plane change in New York if you fly!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    Without any licenses/permits from your home state or not,
    The way I remember the law is that the gun cannot be "readily accessible". this means it must be in some sort of container, be it a case, glove box, center console, etc etc etc.

The state of FL has an informative website where you can read up on this. Just make sure you do not have a plane change in New York if you fly!!
    I won't even get on the plane if there is a lay over in New York. If they anounced in flight that there would be one, I would come up with a box cutter really quick.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    I won't even get on the plane if there is a lay over in New York. If they anounced in flight that there would be one, I would come up with a box cutter really quick.
    I know you are joking but you just made an argument that i should stop doing something legal (having a beer while carrying) because it might give fodder to wave and then you say that you would commit a felony.

I love hypocrisy.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paul@paul-fisher.com; 01-20-2012 at 10:48 AM.

National right to carry

The national right to carry bill has passed the house and is headed to the senate. If that becomes law, every state that issues permits/licenses to carry will have to recognize permits/licenses from every other issuing state. Call your senators and voice your support.

Quote Originally Posted by Max View Post
    The national right to carry bill has passed the house and is headed to the senate. If that becomes law, every state that issues permits/licenses to carry will have to recognize permits/licenses from every other issuing state. Call your senators and voice your support.
    It has not chance of getting through Senate and the signed by the President. NOT this session.

Except that I will be able to carry in places like NJ, MD, NY, and CA, but those residents won't be able to carry in their own states. Perhaps the government should look more closely at "shall not be infringed" and make a law (that is lower than the Constitution) to say that people can carry and no stupid piece of paper is required to carry?
    No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. Thomas Jefferson (1776)

If you go into a store, with a gun, and rob it, you have forfeited your right to not get shot - Joe Deters, Hamilton County (Cincinnati) Prosecutor

I ask sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people except for a few politicians. - George Mason (father of the Bill of Rights and The Virginia Declaration of Rights)

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENSPROKET View Post
    It has not chance of getting through Senate and the signed by the President. NOT this session.
    The senate is possible. If the GOP fully supports it, they only need 4 additional votes. It passed the house with strong bipartisan support. Obama vetoes, get rid of obama and next president can sign it. It is still a good idea to call our senators and ask they support it.

It would be hilarious to able to carry in California and NY. Their liberal legislatures would be having a bird. I like that.
    Last edited by Max; 01-20-2012 at 03:52 PM.

The senate is possible. If the GOP fully supports it, they only need 4 additional votes. It passed the house with strong bipartisan support. Obama vetoes, get rid of obama and next president can sign it. It is still a good idea to call our senators and ask they support it.
    I tought that that if a bill does not become a law in the two year session that it was introduced, then it dies. Tehn next presdent cannot sign it, becuase the bill would be dead. I twould have to be reintroduced and go through the whole process again.

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by protias View Post
    Except that I will be able to carry in places like NJ, MD, NY, and CA, but those residents won't be able to carry in their own states. Perhaps the government should look more closely at "shall not be infringed" and make a law (that is lower than the Constitution) to say that people can carry and no stupid piece of paper is required to carry?
    However, how long do you think the prohibition will stand if the residents see all the out of staters can carry.

I belive the last time it was brought before the senate it lost by only two votes and we gained more then that the last election.