• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Not open carry, but would decriminalize exposure of your SDA weapon.

okiebryan

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
HB2416 by Rep John Enns would change the language of the SDA. It would make it illegal for an SDA licensee to "intentionally display the handgun in an angry or threatening manner and not in necessary self-defense"; then adds: "a concealed handgun licensee shall not be in violation of this subsection if the licensee, when carrying the handgun in a concealed manner, briefly and openly displays the handgun to the ordinary sight of another person."

I'm thinking it's got it's heart in the right place, but I'd rather have me some open carry.

Linky in .doc format: http://webserver1.lsb.state.ok.us/cf/2011-12%20INT/hB/HB2416%20INT.DOC