Thread: East Kentucky Sports Boat & RV Show at Pikeville, KY

Exclamation East Kentucky Sports Boat & RV Show at Pikeville, KY

If you're planing to come the East Kentucky Sports Boat & RV Show in Pikeville at the Eastern Kentucky Exposition Center. You may have a problem carrying your firearm into the building. I was looking at their Arena Policies and it states that "Weapons of any kind (this includes pocket knifes)" are prohibited inside the expo center. They go further to say that "In the event that items are revealed during a search, the guest(s) will be permitted to return to their vehicle with the item or they can dispose of the item. The Expo Center will not safeguard any personal belongings or items of any type. Expo Center management has the sole right to determine the type of pre-event screening."

What are your thoughts about this should a person decide to carry their firearm (concealed or open carry)?

Info. on the event: 2012 East Kentucky Sports Boat & RV Show Jan. 20-22 2012, Hours: Friday 4p-9p, Saturday 9a-9p, Sunday Noon-5p, Admission: Adults $ 5, Kids 12 and under FREE.
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Is the Expo Center privately or publicly owned? If the latter, they really don't have authority to do a blanket ban on carry.

I'll let someone more familiar with Ky. law take the ball on this thread now.

I think the city of Pikeville manages the business. But now sure...
    I'll give you my gun when you take it from my cold, dead hands! ~ Charlton Heston (1923 -- 2008)

Lord, make me fast and accurate. Let my aim be true and my hand be faster than those who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine. Let not my last thought be if I only had a gun; and Lord if today is truly the day that you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass. ~ The Gunfighter’s Prayer

Yup, if it's owned by the state or city, their sign isn't legally enforceable.

Cool

I went to the Sports show today. I had my gun on me holstered and laughed as I went through the door. I had no problems with anyone. I went all throughout the building checking out the vendors and BIG boy toys. Not one word said to me.