• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bersa BP9

PistolPackingMomma

Looking for a Glock like single stack 9mm? Well, there's finally one out on the market! (besides Kahr)

DSC_0162.jpg

It took us a little over two weeks to get this from Budsgunshop.com, but after we contacted the shipping manger, we had it in hand two days later. The day we received it the website showed they were sold out. Yikes!

DSC_0176.jpg

It's important to note that I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet (was going to do that tomorrow, but weather is not permitting. :cry: ) but I already really like this gun!

DSC_0173.jpg

It's a single stack, so for someone with small hands like me, it fits great in my hands and my finger can still reach the trigger easily; something I had problems with on double stack guns.

DSC_0157.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

No external safeties to fiddle with, just like Glock. Some people don't like that; I do. It does have the standard Bersa "lock" on it, so you can lock it for storage or safety, if desired.

DSC_0159.jpg

PistolPackingMomma

It has Glock like sights; much more visible than the sights on the Thunder models.

DSC_0155.jpg

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0164.jpg

It has an ambidextrous mag release, which is nice, since I'm a lefty, but shoot right handed. If I need to switch, everything is still accessible.
It has two loaded chamber indicators (the extractor seems to dual function as an indicator), one on the top and one on the right side. I took pictures of it unloaded, and loaded, to show the difference.

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

One thing I don't like about this gun is that the serial number is located in three very visible spots on the right side of the gun. In a holster, they're covered, but I don't see why Bersa felt the need to stamp it all over the gun.

DSC_0159.jpg

We bought this as a kit, so it came with an extra magazine. While we were disassembling everything to clean it, we noticed one magazine said Bersa on the side, the other didn't. One spring was also much longer than the other, but we didn't notice which magazine it came out of. So we're going to give Bersa a call and see what's up.

Being that it's a new model, there aren't a whole lot of holsters dedicated specifically to it yet, but it fits almost perfectly in the Crossbreed Supertuck I bought for my Glock 27.

I also plan to get some pictures this weekend of different outfits I wear to conceal. I'll have a separate post up on that early next week sometime.

Last edited:

PistolPackingMomma

I did, and decided against it for two significant reasons and one insignificant one:

1. It was more expensive
2. It's DAO.
3. I just didn't care for their "look".

Our first handgun was a Bersa Thunder, and we sold that to move on to other pistols. Since then, both my husband and I regretted selling it, and when we were looking for a BUG for me, we chose the Bersa Thunder CC. After getting the CC, I sold my Glock 27 in favor of something single stack, but didn't care for the Kahrs, and we won't give any money to Ruger after learning this about William Ruger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_B._Ruger#Controversy
so the BP9 seemed like the best option (next to a Colt Defender or Kimber Ultra Carry II, which I can't afford :( )

SovereignAxe

I did, and decided against it for two significant reasons and one insignificant one:

1. It was more expensive
2. It's DAO.
3. I just didn't care for their "look".

Our first handgun was a Bersa Thunder, and we sold that to move on to other pistols. Since then, both my husband and I regretted selling it, and when we were looking for a BUG for me, we chose the Bersa Thunder CC. After getting the CC, I sold my Glock 27 in favor of something single stack, but didn't care for the Kahrs, and we won't give any money to Ruger after learning this about William Ruger http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_B._Ruger#Controversy
so the BP9 seemed like the best option (next to a Colt Defender or Kimber Ultra Carry II, which I can't afford :( )

It's actually not DAO, but has a partially cocked striker, just like a Glock. But if you're looking for DA/SA, I see your point.

And yeah, they're kinda pricy and ugly.

hogeaterf6

Love my Bersa's. I have the Thunder Plus .380 and UC 40 cal. Wont give them up. I also like the ambidextrious of the safeties and mag release. I shoot left, primarily, and like the mag set up for right hand. Check out Bersachat.com, they can answer your spring questions. Like they always say, you will always go back to a Bersa. :D