Thread: Someone is trying real hard to go to jail..See what happens when I go to breakfast

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar

Someone is trying real hard to go to jail..See what happens when I go to breakfast

I just pulled the cards from my game cameras a little while ago.
    I have about 20 pictures of this fine upstanding young man.

Don't bend over to pick up the soap Bubba!

Now, before any of the dog hunters out there say "He was only getting his Dowgs"...that ain't a leash in his hand.

Last edited by peter nap; 01-20-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Get off my land!

Quote Originally Posted by pyite View Post
    Get off my land!
    Too late! He's toast as soon as I get his name.
    I wonder what excuse he'll tell the Judge

I didn't see those 12 posted signs I walked by...

or maybe

"Doesn't "No Trespassing" mean WELCOME in French"

But the best part is, it gives me new pictures to take to the General Assembly for the Bear Hunter Bill and increasing the penalty for hunting on posted land.

Very nice shots there.

Might post a face shot on Reddit or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Regular Member Old Virginia Joe's Avatar
    C'mon y'all--yeah, it's funny and all, but we all know ain't no body going to jail over this, so let's not pee all over the website now . . . . . .
    VCDL, Army Vet, Virginia Native

Hey, Libtards, it's the "Bill of Rights," not the "Bill of Needs" . . . . .

If the 2A does not apply to modern weapons, then the 1A does not apply to modern communications like the Internet! How do you like them apples!?

Quote Originally Posted by Old Virginia Joe View Post
    C'mon y'all--yeah, it's funny and all, but we all know ain't no body going to jail over this, so let's not pee all over the website now . . . . . .
    I wouldn't be too sure about that Joe!
    It's a class one msdeamenor which carries up to a year in jail and it isn't the first time I've charged members of that club and...the Judge warned them all to stay off the property.

If he has any record at all, he may get some time out of it.
    If he doesn't, it just gives me more bitching ammo for stricter dog hunter laws

I have a couple of bills this will be used on.
    HB 95 Bear hound training; allows training of dogs to hunt bears to occur during day or night.

HB 311 Hunting bear; Board of Game and Inland Fisheries establishes an open season.

B 147 Bear hound training; allows training of dogs to hunt bears to occur during day or night.

HB 172 Hunting; knowingly trespassing while carrying a firearm, penalty.

Introduced by: G. Manoli Loupassi | all patrons ... notes | add to my profiles
    SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:

Hunting; knowingly trespassing while carrying a firearm; penalty. Prohibits hunting without permission or authority, while carrying a firearm, on land where the hunter knows a No Trespassing sign is posted or where the hunter should know entry is prohibited. In addition to being punishable by a fine of $500 to $1,000, a conviction for a violation allows the court trying the case to revoke the hunter's license for one year and to order the forfeiture of any weapon used in the violation.
    Last edited by peter nap; 01-20-2012 at 07:22 PM.

You don't actually have to have a name in order to swear out a warrant. A reasonably suitable description of the trespasser is adequate.

§ 19.2-72. When it may issue; what to recite and require.
    On complaint of a criminal offense to any officer authorized to issue criminal warrants he shall examine on oath the complainant and any other witnesses, or when such officer shall suspect that an offense punishable otherwise than by a fine has been committed he may, without formal complaint, issue a summons for witnesses and shall examine such witnesses. A written complaint shall be required if the complainant is not a law-enforcement officer. If upon such examination such officer finds that there is probable cause to believe the accused has committed an offense, such officer shall issue a warrant for his arrest, except that no magistrate may issue an arrest warrant for a felony offense upon the basis of a complaint by a person other than a law-enforcement officer or an animal control officer without prior authorization by the attorney for the Commonwealth or by a law-enforcement agency having jurisdiction over the alleged offense. The warrant shall (i) be directed to an appropriate officer or officers, (ii) name the accused or, if his name is unknown, set forth a description by which he can be identified with reasonable certainty, (iii) describe the offense charged with reasonable certainty, (iv) command that the accused be arrested and brought before a court of appropriate jurisdiction in the county, city or town in which the offense was allegedly committed, and (v) be signed by the issuing officer. The warrant shall require the officer to whom it is directed to summon such witnesses as shall be therein named to appear and give evidence on the examination. But in a city or town having a police force, the warrant shall be directed "To any policeman, sheriff or his deputy sheriff of such city (or town)," and shall be executed by the policeman, sheriff or his deputy sheriff into whose hands it shall come or be delivered. A sheriff or his deputy may execute an arrest warrant throughout the county in which he serves and in any city or town surrounded thereby and effect an arrest in any city or town surrounded thereby as a result of a criminal act committed during the execution of such warrant. The venue for the prosecution of such criminal act shall be the jurisdiction in which the offense occurred.
    Daniel L. Hawes - 540 347 2430 - HTTP://www.VirginiaLegalDefense.com

By the way, nothing I say on this website as "user" should be taken as either advertising for attorney services or legal advice, merely personal opinion. Everyone having a question regarding the application of law to the facts of their situation should seek the advice of an attorney competent in the subject matter of the issues presented and licensed to practice in the relevant state.

Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    You don't actually have to have a name in order to swear out a warrant. A reasonably suitable description of the trespasser is adequate.

§ 19.2-72. When it may issue; what to recite and require.
    Thanks Dan!

I put together the entire sequence of photo's out of the Reconyx...12FPS I think.

I just saw a episode on Alaska state troopers about a thing just like this, hunters cut down the sign and went in.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

I'm no hunter, but damn how sh**y of a hunter do you have to be not not see game cameras right in front of you?

I guess that's why we don't see him walking around with any downed game.
    Last edited by hgreen; 01-20-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hgreen View Post
    I'm no hunter, but damn how sh**y of a hunter do you have to be not not see game cameras right in front of you?

I guess that's why we don't see him walking around with any downed game.
    You probably couldn't see that one if I pointed it to you. It's one of my high dollar ones (Just under $600.00) so it gets special treatment. It's in a tree hollow. The back of the tree has been bored so I can get a serpentine cable lock through it and the bear box the camera is in.

I hot glued bark from that very tree to everything.

You're right about downed game...These idiots haven't recovered a deer for years. They have wounded two that I had to finish off and I found one that had died in the river after being gutshot.

It's a damn good thing I like dogs or they'd need a new supply once a week.

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    I just saw a episode on Alaska state troopers about a thing just like this, hunters cut down the sign and went in.
    Thats why in Missouri, a purple painted stripe around a tree equals a sign.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Herr Heckler Koch

Proof that signs erected prior to the event prima facie proof premises protected

Quote Originally Posted by ocholsteroc View Post
    https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/sta...atutes/943.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by Wisc. Stats.
    943.13(2)(am)(1) ... Proof that appropriate signs as provided in this subdivision were erected or in existence upon the premises to be protected prior to the event complained of shall be prima facie proof that the premises to be protected were posted as provided in this subdivision.

Quote Originally Posted by Verd View Post
    Thats why in Missouri, a purple painted stripe around a tree equals a sign.
    Interesting. Why purple as opposed to another color? Whats the significance of purple?
    The problem with the internet is nobody can really tell when you’re serious and when you’re being sarcastic. –Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by ChinChin View Post
    Interesting. Why purple as opposed to another color? Whats the significance of purple?
    My guess is that it is a unique enough color to be distinguished. Perhaps it's even written into the Missouri code.
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

Quote Originally Posted by thebigsd View Post
    My guess is that it is a unique enough color to be distinguished. Perhaps it's even written into the Missouri code.
    That's right. In Virginia, it's aluminum color. It used to be white....and it is written into our code.