• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Someone is trying real hard to go to jail..See what happens when I go to breakfast

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I just pulled the cards from my game cameras a little while ago.
I have about 20 pictures of this fine upstanding young man.

Don't bend over to pick up the soap Bubba!

busted.jpg

Now, before any of the dog hunters out there say "He was only getting his Dowgs"...that ain't a leash in his hand.

busted-2.jpg

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
Get off my land!

Too late! He's toast as soon as I get his name.
I wonder what excuse he'll tell the Judge:uhoh:

I didn't see those 12 posted signs I walked by...

or maybe

"Doesn't "No Trespassing" mean WELCOME in French"

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
But the best part is, it gives me new pictures to take to the General Assembly for the Bear Hunter Bill and increasing the penalty for hunting on posted land.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
C'mon y'all--yeah, it's funny and all, but we all know ain't no body going to jail over this, so let's not pee all over the website now . . . . . .

I wouldn't be too sure about that Joe!
It's a class one msdeamenor which carries up to a year in jail and it isn't the first time I've charged members of that club and...the Judge warned them all to stay off the property.

If he has any record at all, he may get some time out of it.
If he doesn't, it just gives me more bitching ammo for stricter dog hunter laws

I have a couple of bills this will be used on.
HB 95 Bear hound training; allows training of dogs to hunt bears to occur during day or night.

HB 311 Hunting bear; Board of Game and Inland Fisheries establishes an open season.

B 147 Bear hound training; allows training of dogs to hunt bears to occur during day or night.

[h=3]HB 172 Hunting; knowingly trespassing while carrying a firearm, penalty.[/h] Introduced by: G. Manoli Loupassi | all patrons ... notes | add to my profiles
[h=4]SUMMARY AS INTRODUCED:[/h] Hunting; knowingly trespassing while carrying a firearm; penalty. Prohibits hunting without permission or authority, while carrying a firearm, on land where the hunter knows a No Trespassing sign is posted or where the hunter should know entry is prohibited. In addition to being punishable by a fine of $500 to $1,000, a conviction for a violation allows the court trying the case to revoke the hunter's license for one year and to order the forfeiture of any weapon used in the violation.

Last edited:

user

Accomplished Advocate
You don't actually have to have a name in order to swear out a warrant. A reasonably suitable description of the trespasser is adequate.

§ 19.2-72. When it may issue; what to recite and require.
On complaint of a criminal offense to any officer authorized to issue criminal warrants he shall examine on oath the complainant and any other witnesses, or when such officer shall suspect that an offense punishable otherwise than by a fine has been committed he may, without formal complaint, issue a summons for witnesses and shall examine such witnesses. A written complaint shall be required if the complainant is not a law-enforcement officer. If upon such examination such officer finds that there is probable cause to believe the accused has committed an offense, such officer shall issue a warrant for his arrest, except that no magistrate may issue an arrest warrant for a felony offense upon the basis of a complaint by a person other than a law-enforcement officer or an animal control officer without prior authorization by the attorney for the Commonwealth or by a law-enforcement agency having jurisdiction over the alleged offense. The warrant shall (i) be directed to an appropriate officer or officers, (ii) name the accused or, if his name is unknown, set forth a description by which he can be identified with reasonable certainty, (iii) describe the offense charged with reasonable certainty, (iv) command that the accused be arrested and brought before a court of appropriate jurisdiction in the county, city or town in which the offense was allegedly committed, and (v) be signed by the issuing officer. The warrant shall require the officer to whom it is directed to summon such witnesses as shall be therein named to appear and give evidence on the examination. But in a city or town having a police force, the warrant shall be directed "To any policeman, sheriff or his deputy sheriff of such city (or town)," and shall be executed by the policeman, sheriff or his deputy sheriff into whose hands it shall come or be delivered. A sheriff or his deputy may execute an arrest warrant throughout the county in which he serves and in any city or town surrounded thereby and effect an arrest in any city or town surrounded thereby as a result of a criminal act committed during the execution of such warrant. The venue for the prosecution of such criminal act shall be the jurisdiction in which the offense occurred.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
You don't actually have to have a name in order to swear out a warrant. A reasonably suitable description of the trespasser is adequate.

§ 19.2-72. When it may issue; what to recite and require.

Thanks Dan!:D

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I put together the entire sequence of photo's out of the Reconyx...12FPS I think.

[video=vimeo;35404712]http://vimeo.com/35404712[/video]

hgreen

I'm no hunter, but damn how sh**y of a hunter do you have to be not not see game cameras right in front of you?

I guess that's why we don't see him walking around with any downed game.

Last edited:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
I'm no hunter, but damn how sh**y of a hunter do you have to be not not see game cameras right in front of you?

I guess that's why we don't see him walking around with any downed game.

You probably couldn't see that one if I pointed it to you. It's one of my high dollar ones (Just under $600.00) so it gets special treatment. It's in a tree hollow. The back of the tree has been bored so I can get a serpentine cable lock through it and the bear box the camera is in.

I hot glued bark from that very tree to everything.

You're right about downed game...These idiots haven't recovered a deer for years. They have wounded two that I had to finish off and I found one that had died in the river after being gutshot.

It's a damn good thing I like dogs or they'd need a new supply once a week.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

Proof that signs erected prior to the event prima facie proof premises protected

I just saw a episode on Alaska state troopers about a thing just like this, hunters cut down the sign and went in.
https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/943.pdf
Wisc. Stats. said:
943.13(2)(am)(1) ... Proof that appropriate signs as provided in this subdivision were erected or in existence upon the premises to be protected prior to the event complained of shall be prima facie proof that the premises to be protected were posted as provided in this subdivision.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
My guess is that it is a unique enough color to be distinguished. Perhaps it's even written into the Missouri code.

That's right. In Virginia, it's aluminum color. It used to be white....and it is written into our code.