• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Opinions? Carry while working at a nightclub

DrTodd

Michigan Moderator
I would argue it is not her "place of business". Just because she works there does not make it hers. I wonder what the "legislative intent" is behind this and if we have any cases regarding this issue.

Where defendant, charged with carrying a concealed weapon, was arrested while on his job at plant of industrial corporation, and there was no showing that defendant had requisite possessory interest in the place of business to bring defendant within statutory exception allowing the carrying a concealed weapon at one's place of business, conviction of carrying a concealed weapon was affirmed.

-People V Clark (1970) 21 Mich App 712 NW2d 427.

possessory interest n the intent and right of a person to occupy and/or exercise control over a particular plot of land. (If her name is on the lease or on the deed, then she has a possessory interest).
http://goo.gl/t7j4S

Last edited:

DetroitBiker

Drunks are the quickest at grabbing for your weapon PERIOD!

So I always carried concealed to avoid a number of problems.

1. a drunk grabbing my weapon because he thinks it's funny or a joke.
2. a drunk grabbing the weapon to be violent.
3. Drunks seeing you have a weapon and get instant Superman complex and start screaming shoot me and challenge me/you because we ain't so tough garbage.

I did it for years and when alcohol is involved it's best to not let anyone know you have a weapon till the time it is needed.

Remember a deterrent like a seen weapon only works on sane people, and drunks typically are insane when drunk.
+1

Last edited:

SpoogeBob

I agree 100% ,When I worked at a club years ago I pocket carried a J frame because when Idiots are drinking,they get real ballzy.
I saw some crazy sheet go down back then,looking back I cant believe I put myself in that kind of danger for such little pay.
Did meet a lot of hotties though :cool:

Must be that portly stature. ;)