• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Answer is it a Joke, or what ??

range rat

ILA-Contact <ILA-Contact@nrahq.org>Add to Contacts
To: "garymalachowski@att.net" <garymalachowski@att.net>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Malachowski,

Thank you for contacting NRA-ILA and making us aware of the specific Harbor Freight Tools that is not allowing firearms on site. I have passed this information on to our research department and made them aware of this issue. The company is not Anti-Gun as this is the first location that has this restriction, all of the other locations that we are aware of allow firearms.

Regards,

Sara J
NRA-ILA Grassroots Division
www.nraila.org

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gateway Feedback
> Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 7:30 AM
> To: ILA-Contact
> Subject: FW: Gateway Feedback
>
>
>
> Email: garymalachowski@att.net
>
> Member #: 157347574
>
> Comments: WHY does the the NRA allows Harbor Freight Tools, an Anti- Gun
> Corpateion, too run full page advertisement in America's 1st Freedom
> magazine.. They have posted in their Store Windows ( Harbor Freight
> Tools, 4698 South. Whitnall av St.Francis Wisconsin 53235 ) NO Weapons
> allowed !!
> Why should i renew my membership ? Give me a good reason to keep going
> with the NRA, also give the men& women of Wisconsin Carry a reason, as
> well as the Forty Thousand men & women who now have there Wisconsin
> Conceal Carry Permit.
> With 4.3 Million Men & Women over 21 years old in Wisconsin, an a
> projection of 1.3 Million to get their Conceal Carry Permits can you
> really afford to alienate even 10 percent of them...
> Harbor Freight runs a two page color ad in NRA's American Rifleman.
> NRA-over 4,000,000 members.
>
> Thank You
> garymalachowski@att.net
>
>
>

ncwabbit

forgive the query...but

why did you contact the nra instead of harbor freight corp offices?

to affect a change in their HF's firearm policy(ies) you need to go contact the person who can institute that change...corp management.
Eric Smidt (Chairman & CEO)
Robert Rene (COO)
Calabasas, California

protias

to affect a change in their HF's firearm policy(ies) you need to go contact the person who can institute that change...corp management.
Robert Rene (COO)
Calabasas, California

They've been contacted and that is their policy.

MKEgal

Being based in CA, I'm surprised they're even hypocritical enough to advertise w/ the NRA.
Not at all surprised they posted.
I used to like shopping their stores, both in Milwaukee on Hwy. 100 just S of I-94 & in West Allis.
Armed, even. No problems from anyone.

I think it would be worth writing to Harbor Freight Corporate with a copy of their NRA magazine ad & a picture or three of some of their stores that are turning away business, and ask why they're working against themselves?
Which waste of money did they not intend?

On another note, when writing a complaint letter please please proofread.
Have someone else proofread, then proofread again.
Elementary spelling, capitalization, & punctuation errors make the writer seem less believable or influential.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
I thought that the NRA itself had become a joke!

No bashing other gun rights groups, please.

Forum Rule #12

(12) NO BASHING OF OTHER GUN RIGHTS ORGANIZATIONS: Regardless of how convinced you are that another gun rights organization is not doing their job, this is not the place to air those concerns unless they are specifically related to an anti-open carry position taken by that organization. All other rants against other gun rights groups will be deleted or the thread locked.

range rat

???

What is it about their response that you take issue with? Seems pretty straightforward.

The company is not Anti-Gun as this is the first location that has this restriction, all of the other locations that we are aware of allow firearms.

Did you read Protias posting ( respones ) too this thread ?? Keep reading..

range rat

Robert Rene (COO)
Calabasas, California

MONEY... Too affect a change in their there Firearm Policy. One must first affect a change in there Money FLOW... an Advertising is Money flowing in.

Now! if you disrupt the in flow, your going to really draw attenion. ( ceo's Board menbers, an so on )

wrightme

The company is not Anti-Gun as this is the first location that has this restriction, all of the other locations that we are aware of allow firearms.

Did you read Protias posting ( respones ) too this thread ?? Keep reading..

I again ask, is the NRA aware of the information that others have discerned? If not, what is it about their statement that you disagree with?