• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NRA Answer is it a Joke, or what ??

wrightme

Keep going, Now your getting it..

No, I have already 'gotten it.' You are whining about what the NRA doesn't know. If they don't yet know, their answer makes perfect sense. Once you make them know, THEN you can whine about the response you got, if they give that response again.

oak1971

I can do without Harbor Freight. Nothing there I can't get somewhere else. As for the NRA, they need to vet their adverts better.

KBCraig

I'm as big a critic of the NRA as anyone, but I think they're being unfairly attacked here.

I've shopped Harbor Freight in three states, and I've never seen any anti-gun signs. They sell gun safes and ammo boxes. They seem to be politically neutral.

The OP seems to have encountered a rouge manager. Don't make a federal 2A case out of it, just follow up with the management chain of command.

H

Herr Heckler Koch

please please proofread.
Have someone else proofread, then proofread again.
Elementary spelling, capitalization, & punctuation errors make the writer seem less believable or influential.
Well said. Applies to NRA apologists too.

Glockface

Good luck getting an answer to your question from Sara.I called her about a CCW ? and i also e mailed her and she never got back to me.The heck with her!!!! I can't wait until the NRA calls me for more money!

sawah

I'm as big a critic of the NRA as anyone, but I think they're being unfairly attacked here.

I've shopped Harbor Freight in three states, and I've never seen any anti-gun signs. They sell gun safes and ammo boxes. They seem to be politically neutral.

The OP seems to have encountered a rouge manager.

A manager who wears too much makeup?

HandyHamlet

A manager who wears too much makeup?

Happens more than you would think around here.

davina-hader.jpg

Jim675

Founder's Club Member
Why not go for the best of both worlds?

1. Do not give your business to a posted store.
2. Allow, even encourage, them to support pro-2A causes.

This way they are taking money from antis to support our cause. Win.

I'd love to see the Brady Bunch donate ad money to SAF as well.

deadlifter

Just an FYI for everyone... I was going to Harbor Freight on Green Bay's east side to buy a hand held concrete/mortar paddle mixer, a drywall hopper gun, and some misc tools.

I noticed the "no firearms" sign, went back to the truck, disarmed, then went in and spoke with the manager.

I told him about the liability issue, advertising to criminals that no one will be able to defend themselves here, and that I wont spend money at places who dont support our 2nd Amendment Rights.

He said he agreed with me as a person, but as a manager his hands were tied.

So I wrote a letter to customer service who forward it to the distict manager, who will forward it to corporate? I guess....

A

protias

Just an FYI for everyone... I was going to Harbor Freight on Green Bay's east side to buy a hand held concrete/mortar paddle mixer, a drywall hopper gun, and some misc tools.

I noticed the "no firearms" sign, went back to the truck, disarmed, then went in and spoke with the manager.

I told him about the liability issue, advertising to criminals that no one will be able to defend themselves here, and that I wont spend money at places who dont support our 2nd Amendment Rights.

So I wrote a letter to customer service who forward it to the distict manager, who will forward it to corporate? I guess....

A

It isn't the liability that changes, it is the immunity - 175.60(21)(b)(c).

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
Emailed them with this post:

Hope it was emailed in the form of something like: In response to your statement that this is the first location of which you are awere, I want to make you aware of several more locations that have been posted on just one internet forum. Their stores in blah, blah, blah and blah are also posted. To see the forum posts yourself, you can follow this link postlinkhere.

You know, something like that as opposed to just sending the link and saying "Hey, look at this list on this forum."

Flipper

Campaign Veteran

A

Can't help but wonder what the whole story here is, appears their Wisconsin management is anti-2A, yet corporate advertises in NRA magazines. Are the Wisconsin stores under the same district management as the Illinois ones. Anyone know about their stores in Iowa and Minnesota?

Looks like MLK was right.

protias

Hope it was emailed in the form of something like: In response to your statement that this is the first location of which you are awere, I want to make you aware of several more locations that have been posted on just one internet forum. Their stores in blah, blah, blah and blah are also posted. To see the forum posts yourself, you can follow this link postlinkhere.

You know, something like that as opposed to just sending the link and saying "Hey, look at this list on this forum."

Here is what I wrote:

I wanted to bring to your attention the anti-gun policy of Harbor Freight: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/s...Joke-or-what&p=1687138&viewfull=1#post1687138

It is the corporate policy, unless they've changed it.

protias

Received a response:

[FONT=&quot]Mr. protias,[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you for contacting NRA-ILA. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are currently looking into this issue. The Harbor Freight near us does not have this policy and we are in the process of contacting their corporate office to discuss this issue. We are tracking down if this is a corporate or store policy. The two stores that we are aware of now that have this no firearm policy are located in Wisconsin, which just recently passed right-to-carry. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Thank you again for providing us with this information.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Regards,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sara J [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]NRA-ILA Grassroots Division[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.nraila.org[/FONT]

Flipper

Campaign Veteran
Received a response:

Only the NRA has the membership to influence firearm policies of national corporations. Strength in numbers. One of the reasons why they are almost exclusively, of all the firearm advocate groups, the target of the antis.

Last edited: