• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

what things do i need to know oc

bwboley

Activist Member
I'm from Oregon visiting in driving from topeka is to park hills mo and hotel in farmington. My washington conceal works for mo but what's oc?

Broondog

i hope your journey to our state is enjoyable! unfortunately there are a number of political subdivisions in MO that are not OC friendly.

Park Hills and Farmington are two of those places.

http://www.parkhillsmo.net/MuniCode.pdf

http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes-slp/ for Farmington....check Chapter 210 Ordinance Violations, Section 210.240

two other towns along that stretch of US 67 are Bonne Terre and Desloge. while i have OC'd in both of those towns and found them to be generally friendly, finding the relevant city code to offer you is proving problematic as the Sullivan Publications website just took a huge crap for me.

if it were me and i was just visiting, i would just exercise my CC option and go about my business. but there is a bill in the Senate this session that is hopefully going to give us full preemption this time around. cross you fingers!

bwboley

Activist Member
what about columbia on my drive from topeka to park hills mo im stopping there for a few hours to meet up with a friend and going to the range with him.

xdmcompact

what about columbia on my drive from topeka to park hills mo im stopping there for a few hours to meet up with a friend and going to the range with him.

Municode.com and Sullivanpublications.com are not up to date, Columbia Mo. is OC friendly. Always verify for yourself, never go by what someone else tells you. I can not get the offenses page to open on Columbia's website otherwise I would have posted it for you. I have been trying to get Farmington MO. to fix their problems with their ordinances, they still list CCW as illegal. The police chief just states that the prosecuting attorney says it is legal, instead of admitting they won't fix the laws wording in their ordinances.

mechanicworkman

Truly for as much as everyone wants to know about the Sullivan publications really someone should make a sticky with links to all the actual laws of Missouri for easy reference.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
if it were me and i was just visiting, i would just exercise my CC option and go about my business. but there is a bill in the Senate this session that is hopefully going to give us full preemption this time around. cross you fingers!

I agree with what was said in this posting. It is cool enough here CC should not be too tough and you are going to travel through too many muni's, you could have a flat in any of them and find yourself accidentally in trouble and your firearm seized within the boundaries of the law, it is not worth the risk.

Adding to what was said, tell those you are visiting and ask them to support pending OC legislation in MO. We need all we can get!