Thread: Hampton Gun Show 01-21-2012

Hampton Gun Show 01-21-2012

how many of you are going to be at the gun show in Hampton on Saturday? Is there going to be a VCDL table there? I think it would be fun to meet some of us new guys and maybe hit the range afterwords. My work schedule doesn't allow me to get to many of these dinners but it would be nice to put some faces to some of these usernames

Just look for other OC'er and say hi to them. I usually go up to other OC'ers and pass out cards(most don't know about this place) They just OC for the show and CC daily.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?
    More restrictions on guns? how about restrictions on chainsaws and knives?

Quote Originally Posted by StoicMaverick View Post
    ...Is there going to be a VCDL table there? ...
    In the future, you can always check the VCDL Calendar to see what gun shows they'll have a presence at (which is most of them). And you can get the point-of-contact for volunteering at the VCDL table as well.

To answer your question directly, the calendar shows VCDL will be there both days from open to close. Stop by their table and become a member if you haven't taken that step yet. And pick up some "Guns Save Lives" stickers.
    Daily carry: SIG P229 .40 S&W

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    I'm half tempted to drive down there.
    Too wet to do anything else.

Question: they don't let you oc loaded right? If I oc there, do they provide a zip tie or something to lock my gun or is that my job? Never oc'ed to a gun show before. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Should be there some time around noon, usually don't carry at all at the show, cause its pretty much useless with a tie wrap through it. But I will carry today, i'll be walking around in blue jeans and denim shirt, black ball cap ( shouldn't be more than 10 dressed like that ) if ya see me introduce yourself.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache proverb

Quote Originally Posted by StoicMaverick View Post
    Question: they don't let you oc loaded right? If I oc there, do they provide a zip tie or something to lock my gun or is that my job? Never oc'ed to a gun show before. Thanks.
    Unload/clear and leave ammo in your vehicle. When you go through the line after buying your ticket, they'll have you check once again at the clearing barrel. Then pass to the gun checker who'll verify your work and zip tie the trigger or action as appropriate. And hope you can get it back in your holster with the plastic zip tie on (has occasionally been a problem for me when they've used really wide ties).

When I'm OCing a semi-auto, I just clear the one in the pipe and leave the magazine behind in the vehicle. The firearm's impotent anyway so it's just a symbolic gesture.

Dreghorn should be real recognizable dressed like 1000 other attendees.

had a good day. I didn't get anything although i did come about an inch from buying a glock 26. my buddy purchased both a XDM-45 and an AR-15 so it all balanced out. anybody else get anything?

I was there, 12~4, magazines, and floor plates. Almost picked up something but it wasnt in the barrel lenght I wanted, good price though....
    Last edited by ocholsteroc; 01-21-2012 at 11:34 PM.
    How come a DUI you can get your driver licence back, which it is a privilege. But if commiting a felon, even something non violent like stealing, you are denied your constitutional rights for the rest of your life?
    If you don't support the Second Amendment to the Constitution, what other parts of the Constitution do you reject?

Did you find the VCDL table and/or meet any of the OCDO members from that area of VA?

That was partially the reason for the thread, IIRC.

Spent A few hours there, only spent money at Georgia Arms, needed food to feed my habit. Saw a few guns that called my name, but discretionary funds are to low right now.
    It is better to have less thunder in the mouth and more lightning in the hand. - Apache proverb

...most crowded show I've been to there in a long time. Parking was worse than I've ever seen it. People were telling me the ticket line was taking 45 minutes. I bought online and skipped that line... recommended.

VCDL table was proudly there... ...not too far from the concession stand area, in case you're looking. I chatted with 2A4all.

Discretionary fundage is tight now; all I got was some ammo from Georgia Arms (44 Magnum & 32-20).

Not many open carrying that I saw...

Unfortunately no. I didn't even see anyone else ocing except the guy I went with (OpenlyAware). Kinda bummed although I think i'm heart set on a G26 now.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dreghorn View Post
    Should be there some time around noon, usually don't carry at all at the show, cause its pretty much useless with a tie wrap through it. But I will carry today, i'll be walking around in blue jeans and denim shirt, black ball cap ( shouldn't be more than 10 dressed like that ) if ya see me introduce yourself.
    Did you have a 1911/Beretta 92/96?

I think I saw you.