Thread: So easy to "Ban"

So easy to "Ban"

ESPECIALLY HERE IN THE STATE OF MISSOURI!
    I've had enough, I can't take it any more.... Some body said that before me!
    If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

I wouldn't post that. .. Now some bureaucrat in St. Louis is going to try to pass a statewide requirement that you can only go to ball games via the Metrolink. Even though that would be a St Louis only thing, you know how they like to enforce their stupid crud on everyone else in the entire rest of the state even if it is impractical, impossible or unnecessary anywhere outside the 270 loop.

Quote Originally Posted by deepdiver View Post
    I wouldn't post that. .. Now some bureaucrat in St. Louis is going to try to pass a statewide requirement that you can only go to ball games via the Metrolink. Even though that would be a St Louis only thing, you know how they like to enforce their stupid crud on everyone else in the entire rest of the state even if it is impractical, impossible or unnecessary anywhere outside the 270 loop.
    If I had the money, I would have it on a billboard. I would leave the picture out, but keep the words. And yes, there are so many stupid laws in ST. Louis city and they are trying to add to them each and everyday. Hate to say it... you have a lot of stuipid people living there. That goes for any large city. I think if they would shrink the size of the city to several smaller cities... then you have more control over the crazy criminals. I have notice, when a city is a "small town", the "powers to be" care a bit more and will enforce what they need to do to keep the city "safe".

I live in Florissant... in "general" the crime rate here is low. Yes, murders, robberies, etc still happens here. But the rate of it comparied to other years is "idea". Could be better, but its nothing like the city. When i was in the city, I got robbed once year (out of four years). And once, a guy came to my door at 3am, demanded to use my phone. I basically said no, I can call; taxi, cops etc for him. He was pissed and demanded to come in my house???!!! Of course when I called the cops... he was long gone by then. Knock on wood... nothing like that has happen to me here and I have been here for 3 years now. Not to sound "crazy" or anything. When I asnwer my door, at any time of the day... my XD is in my hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedawg314 View Post
    When I asnwer my door, at any time of the day... my XD is in my hand.
    I wouldn't call it crazy. I would call it "responsible".

I have heard of many people answering the door armed...but never heard anyone mention a recorder of some sort. That would probably be a really good idea, video would be best. But just in case something negative happened, or a false report was made...
    Click Here for New to WI Open Carry Legal References and Informational Videos--- FAQ's http://Tinyurl.com/OpenCarry-WI

The Armed Badger A WI site dedicated to Concealed Carry in WI

"To disarm the people... was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." -- George Mason, Speech of June 14, 1788

http://Tinyurl.com/New-To-Guns to DL useful Info

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    I have heard of many people answering the door armed...but never heard anyone mention a recorder of some sort. That would probably be a really good idea, video would be best. But just in case something negative happened, or a false report was made...
    I just bought a small video camera that I can wear around my neck so that I can record any and all incidents.
    One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. Thomas Jefferson to George Washington, 1796.
    If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun. - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).
    Find businesses that are pro gun and those that aren't. Support Friend or Foe by using it!

Quote Originally Posted by Motofixxer View Post
    Door? I walk to the mailbox with my rifle (and sidearm) and occasionally take it on my walk around the neighborhood. My neighbors like it I also motion to unfamiliar cars to see if they are lost or need help. We had a rash of home break-ins last year that tapered off after I started doing this

Also, my Quick Trip used to have one or two cop cars there on a semi regular basis. Now I rarely see one and most of the clerks give me free coffee, even though I assert I am not a cop each time. They just say they are glad I am there a couple of times a day at an unpredictable time
    __________________________________________________ __________________________

"The problem with Internet quotes is that no one has verified the source" -- Abraham Lincoln