• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

So easy to "Ban"

mspgunner

ban.jpg

ESPECIALLY HERE IN THE STATE OF MISSOURI!
I've had enough, I can't take it any more.... Some body said that before me!

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
I wouldn't post that. .. Now some bureaucrat in St. Louis is going to try to pass a statewide requirement that you can only go to ball games via the Metrolink. Even though that would be a St Louis only thing, you know how they like to enforce their stupid crud on everyone else in the entire rest of the state even if it is impractical, impossible or unnecessary anywhere outside the 270 loop.

Firedawg314

I wouldn't post that. .. Now some bureaucrat in St. Louis is going to try to pass a statewide requirement that you can only go to ball games via the Metrolink. Even though that would be a St Louis only thing, you know how they like to enforce their stupid crud on everyone else in the entire rest of the state even if it is impractical, impossible or unnecessary anywhere outside the 270 loop.

If I had the money, I would have it on a billboard. I would leave the picture out, but keep the words. And yes, there are so many stupid laws in ST. Louis city and they are trying to add to them each and everyday. Hate to say it... you have a lot of stuipid people living there. That goes for any large city. I think if they would shrink the size of the city to several smaller cities... then you have more control over the crazy criminals. I have notice, when a city is a "small town", the "powers to be" care a bit more and will enforce what they need to do to keep the city "safe".

I live in Florissant... in "general" the crime rate here is low. Yes, murders, robberies, etc still happens here. But the rate of it comparied to other years is "idea". Could be better, but its nothing like the city. When i was in the city, I got robbed once year (out of four years). And once, a guy came to my door at 3am, demanded to use my phone. I basically said no, I can call; taxi, cops etc for him. He was pissed and demanded to come in my house???!!! Of course when I called the cops... he was long gone by then. Knock on wood... nothing like that has happen to me here and I have been here for 3 years now. Not to sound "crazy" or anything. When I asnwer my door, at any time of the day... my XD is in my hand.

Motofixxer

I have heard of many people answering the door armed...but never heard anyone mention a recorder of some sort. That would probably be a really good idea, video would be best. But just in case something negative happened, or a false report was made...

Verd

Campaign Veteran
I have heard of many people answering the door armed...but never heard anyone mention a recorder of some sort. That would probably be a really good idea, video would be best. But just in case something negative happened, or a false report was made...

I just bought a small video camera that I can wear around my neck so that I can record any and all incidents.

peterarthur

Door? I walk to the mailbox with my rifle (and sidearm) and occasionally take it on my walk around the neighborhood. My neighbors like it :) I also motion to unfamiliar cars to see if they are lost or need help. We had a rash of home break-ins last year that tapered off after I started doing this :)

Also, my Quick Trip used to have one or two cop cars there on a semi regular basis. Now I rarely see one and most of the clerks give me free coffee, even though I assert I am not a cop each time. They just say they are glad I am there a couple of times a day at an unpredictable time :)