Thread: Gun Show or no Gun Show

Question Gun Show or no Gun Show

I am thinking of attending a gun show here in the Hampton roads area or in Richmond. I am a little hesitant because I have heard horror stories. Can anyone given me some advice on purchasing from a gun show or if I even should bother. Any input will be helpful. thanks

Hi dude...how are you doing? Look, I dont know what kind of horror stories you have heard but I am going to attend this gun show in Somerset on 28 Jan next Sat. This is going to be my first gun show and I cant wait to see what I will find there. See ya.

Quote Originally Posted by Tx2Va View Post
    I am a little hesitant because I have heard horror stories.
    A madman crashed in Luby's and started shooting. A madman walked into IHOP and started shooting. The same can be said for Virginia Tech, Columbine, and other places. Those "horror stories" don't keep me out of restaurants and schools. Similarly, people are accidentally shot every week. That doesn't keep me from handling firearms, either.

Gun shows are a great place to see and handle a wide variety of firearms and ask questions of knowledgeable and reputable dealers.

Obviously, the simplest way to ensure you're not the one who creates mayhem, simply check to ensure the magazine is removed and the chamber empty before handling the firearm. If a dealer hands you a firearm without checking it first, simply do not accept it and ask they clear the firearm.
    The First protects the Second, and the Second protects the First. Together, they protect the rest of our Bill of Rights and our United States Constitution, and help We the People protect ourselves in the spirit of our Declaration of Independence.

Quote Originally Posted by since9 View Post
    A madman crashed in Luby's and started shooting. A madman walked into IHOP and started shooting. The same can be said for Virginia Tech, Columbine, and other places. Those "horror stories" don't keep me out of restaurants and schools. Similarly, people are accidentally shot every week. That doesn't keep me from handling firearms, either.

Gun shows are a great place to see and handle a wide variety of firearms and ask questions of knowledgeable and reputable dealers.

Obviously, the simplest way to ensure you're not the one who creates mayhem, simply check to ensure the magazine is removed and the chamber empty before handling the firearm. If a dealer hands you a firearm without checking it first, simply do not accept it and ask they clear the firearm.
    He is probably talking about then guns that are for sale.