• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Today's meet & greet

Undertaker

Today's meet and greet was a success for those of us who showed. Neuroblades, 09jisaac, Brekay, and myself were there as well as 4 others and hopefully a couple of new OC.ORG members. We had a great time, good food, and good conversation. Neuroblades and myself feel this could become a regular thing. Hopefully a cookout this spring. NO INCIDENTS, NO PROBLEMS.

Last edited:

neuroblades

Thanks To Everyone!

Sorry I haven't gotten around to posting before now, it was a vey longer day and late night last night. *LOL* I'm really glad that everyone enjoyed the OC get-together, I was really worried that something would gank up on us at some point; I'm glad to see that I was wrong. *LOL*

Even though everyone who had said they'd like to attend wasn't able to, I thought that we had a pretty good turn out for the first time around. Either Anthony or myself will be creating an "Eastern Kentucky Open Carry page or group in Facebook so we can all stay in touch more directly, if everyone would like.

Once again, I'd like to thank each and everyone for coming out and attending the Meet & Greet yesterday! I greatly look forward to many more in the future.

P.S. Does anyone know what happened to Glockster?

Last edited:

09jisaac

Thanks Undertaker

I vote that we should try to have a get together every 3rd sat of the month. And I second the motion for a cookout.

Of course there was no incidents, no one knew we were carrying. As far as anyone else was concerned bre was the only one with a gun. I think she pulled it out and waved it around or something. She is soo scary, I only let her carry because she makes me.

I think she is reading this over my shoulder

(Edit: I got this black eye from running into a door)

KYGlockster

Activist Member
I got called into work from 3am sat. Morning until 3pm because of weather. I resigned my position with the state, but I still drive for one of the contractors when I can, or when I'm not in school. I would have posted earlier, buy I fell asleep asa I got home yesterday. It oughta show you how much money state govt wastes, the Boyd county maintenance facility had 4 contract trucks setting for 8 hours Saturday, at over 100 bucks an hour! And it wasn't even snowing!! O well, hopefully next time it won't be icy, or supposed to snow and I can make it! Glad everything went well though!

neuroblades

I got called into work from 3am sat. Morning until 3pm because of weather. I resigned my position with the state, but I still drive for one of the contractors when I can, or when I'm not in school. I would have posted earlier, buy I fell asleep asa I got home yesterday. It oughta show you how much money state govt wastes, the Boyd county maintenance facility had 4 contract trucks setting for 8 hours Saturday, at over 100 bucks an hour! And it wasn't even snowing!! O well, hopefully next time it won't be icy, or supposed to snow and I can make it! Glad everything went well though!

It's good to hear that you're OK, I got to wondering about the gentleman that did the footwork in getting this thing setup on that end. We missed you, dude! *LOL* It was a great get together but there will difintely be more to come in the future.

As was mentioned, we'd like to see these meetings become a monthly thing and Undertaker had mentioned the idea of doing a cookout when the weather gets better. I know that the gang from over around Lexington does a cookout in Jacobson Park in the summer months, though I can't remember them doing one last summer. I do know that if we do one, it can't be publicly promoted due to apparent insurance issues but we can promote via word of mouth and in the forums, I think that's how it goes.

At any rate, we look forward to meeting you at the next M&G. :)

brekay

Thanks Undertaker

I vote that we should try to have a get together every 3rd sat of the month. And I second the motion for a cookout.

Of course there was no incidents, no one knew we were carrying. As far as anyone else was concerned bre was the only one with a gun. I think she pulled it out and waved it around or something. She is soo scary, I only let her carry because she makes me.

I did no such thing! People notice my gun because i look good with a gun on my side. ; )

Thats why you let me carry your gun. ; )

(you should really stop running into doors honey, people are gonna start to think i'm mean to you.) lol

09jisaac

Don't worry KYglockster or Curtis C, we should have another one some time.

And bre: I am sorry, I didn't mean to make you angry.

neuroblades

Eastern Kentucky Open Carry Group

I've setup a group on Facebook for better internal communications and discussion. If you folks are interested, please join, it's currently left open for anyone to join. If the group has enough members and seems to be well received, we'll keep it up. If the group falters, then it will be removed.

Eastern Kentucky Open Carry:
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/306351512750362/

Last edited:

west

Thanks Undertaker

Hahahaha....you make me laugh. I have question. I am new on this site but I would like to attend any meeting or sml. Is that possible or it is just for some members and how to be informed about any happening?

KYGlockster

Activist Member
Anyone is welcome! You are a member of OCDO, buy if you have friends or a spouse that is not that's ok too! It'd be nice to see 40 or 50 people showing up to these !!!

09jisaac

Hahahaha....you make me laugh. I have question. I am new on this site but I would like to attend any meeting or sml. Is that possible or it is just for some members and how to be informed about any happening?

Nothing against you West, and you're welcome to come to any get together that we have, but I would suggest you attending someone else's or start you own. We're a good ways away from jamestown. But like glockster said, anyone is welcome even non-members of OCDO as long as they're supportive of our cause.

And thanks, I'll be here all week.

Bre: I know you weren't angry honey, you just slipped. I forgive you. ; )

neuroblades

We welcome everyone West, all that's required is an interest in guns and of course open carry or even concealed carry, there's no discrimination here. *LOL* The more the merrier! :)

09jisaac

I don't think hes been back after he posted, I think he thinks that we're a bunch a-holes that don't welcome newbies.....