Thread: The Range in Fredricksburg

The Range in Fredricksburg

I frequently visit "The Range" in Fredericksburg, but lately i've noticed that their gun selection has twindled in the past few months. They did at one time have a great selection of various handguns for sale. Anyone know why they've cut down lately?

-b

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Virginia has an intangible personal property tax - many firms reduce their on- hand stock just prior to reporting time.
    http://www.policylibrary.tax.virgini...0?OpenDocument
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Huh... I was there yesterday too. Around 5:30pm
    Not a fan of the sign on the front door asking people to unload their guns. Probably won't be back.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

I was told they sold almost their entire inventory before Christmas and are waiting for their distributor to restock.

As for the sign...Like all public ranges you see all kinds. People comment on the lack of muzzle discipline at gun show all the time, now add live ammo into the mix. Rules are made for those who lack common sense.

If you leave your loaded handgun in the holster I doubt anyone will say anything to you about it. When I'm standing two feet away from some knuckle head I don't know from Adam, I don't want to see him drawing a loaded firearm and sweeping me with it.
    USAF Retired
    Certified Glock Armorer
    -------------
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. --- Thomas Jefferson

Haha believe me I've seen some stuff in Norfolk.

I got swept twice while I was there which is more to do with me not returning than the sign. I ignored the sign.

As a general rule I don't like any range that is open to the public. Lots of cases of mishandling firearms in my experience. Those with RSOs who actually monitor the shooters are the exception.
    Last edited by t33j; 01-22-2012 at 09:33 PM.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by coondog22554 View Post
    If you leave your loaded handgun in the holster I doubt anyone will say anything to you about it.
    This, I've OC'ed and concealed carry in The Range most every time I've been in there. Leave it in your holster and nothing is said to you. Paul and Bing are good guys.

I've got a trip penciled in for next Monday during the day.