• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Range in Fredricksburg

stickslinger

I frequently visit "The Range" in Fredericksburg, but lately i've noticed that their gun selection has twindled in the past few months. They did at one time have a great selection of various handguns for sale. Anyone know why they've cut down lately?

-b

t33j

Huh... I was there yesterday too. Around 5:30pm
Not a fan of the sign on the front door asking people to unload their guns. Probably won't be back.

coondog22554

I was told they sold almost their entire inventory before Christmas and are waiting for their distributor to restock.

As for the sign...Like all public ranges you see all kinds. People comment on the lack of muzzle discipline at gun show all the time, now add live ammo into the mix. Rules are made for those who lack common sense.

If you leave your loaded handgun in the holster I doubt anyone will say anything to you about it. When I'm standing two feet away from some knuckle head I don't know from Adam, I don't want to see him drawing a loaded firearm and sweeping me with it.

t33j

Haha believe me I've seen some stuff in Norfolk.

I got swept twice while I was there which is more to do with me not returning than the sign. I ignored the sign.

As a general rule I don't like any range that is open to the public. Lots of cases of mishandling firearms in my experience. Those with RSOs who actually monitor the shooters are the exception.

Last edited: