Thread: Now I Know I Live In The Right Town...

Now I Know I Live In The Right Town...

On another thread I discussed the benifits of small town living... I just found this on my small towns website... Now I know I am living in the right place....

Conceal and Carry Classes Chief Xxx Xxxxxxx of the Silver Lake Police Department has announced that Firearms Training Officer, Xxxxx Xxxxxxx will be offering CCW training classes in Silver Lake. Officer XXxxx will be teaching the DOJ Recommended 4 hr classes. Interested persons or if you have questions can call the Police Department at 262-889-4100 or email the Police Department at slpolice@bizwi.rr.com. Successful completion of this course will allow citizens to apply for a WI Conceal and Carry permit. Cost is $75, or $60 if you are a resident of Silver Lake.
    Can't get much better....

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by Outdoorsman1 View Post
    On another thread I discussed the benifits of small town living... I just found this on my small towns website... Now I know I am living in the right place....

Can't get much better....

Outdoorsman1
    Too bad our wanna be village that is a suburb of madistan did not have a constitution supporting chief. he thinks no one should have firearms except leo....
    May I see your First, Fourth And Thirteenth Amendment Permits, please?

Guns do not make you a killer. I
    think killing makes you a killer. You can kill
    someone with a baseball bat or a car, but no one is
    trying to ban you from driving to the ball game. (Andy Rooney RIP)

Herr Heckler Koch

Why is it OK for a salaried public servant to sell an indulgence from infringement 2A

On another thread I discussed the benifits of small town living. I just found this on my small towns website. "Successful completion of this course will allow citizens to apply for a WI Conceal and Carry permit. Cost is $75, or $60 if you are a resident of Silver Lake. " Now I know I am living in the right place. Can't get much better.
    Why is it OK for a salaried public servant to sell an indulgence from infringement of the Second Amen.?

Good people ought to be armed as they will, with wits and Guns and the Truth.

Yea actually my "small town" is classified as a "village"... I just call it a small town because compared to where I moved from (Racine) it is small.... Real small.

Too bad our wanna be village that is a suburb of madistan did not have a constitution supporting chief. he thinks no one should have firearms except leo....
    Yea I hear that there is a lot of that ^^^^ going around...

Outdoorsman1
    Last edited by Outdoorsman1; 01-22-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: Correct Typo...
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

Outdoorsman1

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    Why is it OK for a salaried public servant to sell an indulgence from infringement of the Second Amen.?

I never said it was ok my point was it is better to have a local PD in favor of CCW than against it...

Also I am thinking that the "salaried public servant" is no doubt (at the very least) a DOJ qualified instucrtor....

Just Sayin...

Outdoorsman1

Outdoorsman1

Herr Heckler Koch
    Yes, sheepdogs are OK with lip service and selling CCW to the sheeple. Just sayin'...LOL

My dumbass cop got $100 from eight suckers for reading the DoJ site material.

Last edited by Herr Heckler Koch; 01-22-2012 at 10:04 AM.

The more police chiefs that support their departments providing CCW training to citizens, the more support we will have with a group that has historically been against the right. Maybe at some point the state police chiefs organization will get a new legislative gofer. The current one, like Doyle and Barrett, is a WAVE award winner.
    Last edited by Flipper; 01-22-2012 at 10:39 AM.
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by Flipper View Post
    The more police chiefs that support their departments providing CCW training to citizens, ...
    Yep, follow the money, first property, income, sales taxes and now another tax to CCW. Any money of any description to the grubberment is a tax, whatever it may be called.

Face it, you need one of the forms of training to get the permit. If they are willing to offer it for $65, then so be it. This isn't a tax, but rather a fee dor a service rendered. Any money that these small towns bring in help defer tax increases in the long run when the fiscal year comes to the end and they are, or are not in the red.

I agree that having a pro-Constitution LEA / LEO is better than not,
    but unless that instructor is doing classes on his own time, and NOT in a taxpayer-funded facility, he shouldn't be charging anything.
    His wages are paid by taxpayers, & the email & phone listed to contact him are paid by taxpayers, & I'm going to bet that he'll hold class in a taxpayer-funded building.
    So why should people pay yet again for services?
    (Oh, and he'll be using the curriculum developed by DOJ, at taxpayer expense, so there's no cost to him there.)
    Quote Originally Posted by MLK, Jr
    The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort & convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge & controversy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MSG Laigaie
    Citizenship is a verb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 27:12
    A prudent person foresees the danger ahead and takes precautions.
    The simpleton goes blindly on and suffers the consequences.
    Quote Originally Posted by Proverbs 31:17
    She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I agree that having a pro-Constitution LEA / LEO is better than not,
    but unless that instructor is doing classes on his own time, and NOT in a taxpayer-funded facility, he shouldn't be charging anything.
    His wages are paid by taxpayers, & the email & phone listed to contact him are paid by taxpayers, & I'm going to bet that he'll hold class in a taxpayer-funded building.
    So why should people pay yet again for services?
    (Oh, and he'll be using the curriculum developed by DOJ, at taxpayer expense, so there's no cost to him there.)
    Correct, clear and concise on all points. We agree.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
    The town of Woodruff offered classes for $25.00

Actually, more to the point, who gets the $60? The town, or the instructor? If this is being done on town time, and in a town facility, by a town employee, I suspect it is more revenue for the town???? not the instructor??? no?

If it is being on the instructors time, then the instructor earns it, not the town...

Kudos for your town...but

[...] Can't get much better....

Outdoorsman1
    WCI is offering free training to the public.
    "In a court trial half the lawyers are wrong." - Captain Nemo

"[There is] a duty in refusing to cooperate in any undertaking that violates the Constitutional rights of the individual. This holds in particular for all inquisitions that are concerned with the private life and the political affiliations of the citizens." - Albert Einstein

gunowners.org ~ lp.org ~ downsizedc.org ~ oathkeepers.org ~ campaignforliberty.com/usa/WI/ ~ goooh.com

More opportunites for training = more concealed carry licenses = more political power
    When in danger you can dial 911 and hope for the police to arrive a few minutes later armed with guns.
    Why do police carry guns?

The Joyce Foundation funded firearm control empire:
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lFundingR1.png

"Everything that we see is a shadow cast by that which we do not see." - Martin Luther King Jr.

It just occured to me: Having a local police office give the training class might go a long way to lowering the incidents of misunderstanding and "you got a license for thet son"? Don't you think?

Beats the heck out of Blue River my little village. It doesn't even have a police force so them made themselves safer by prohibiting carry weapons on any village property or buildings. I tried to get a marksmanship class going for the local scout troop sponsored by the American Legion and that got shot down before I had it completely out of my mouth. Pretty good considering there is a rifle range a mile away and a lot of hunters/fishermen in town.
    Roman Catholic, Life Member of American Legion, VFW, Wisconsin Libertarian party, Wi-FORCE, WGO, NRA, JPFO, GOA, SAF and CCRKBA

In Idaho our County Sheriff's Office teaches the required CWL course for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    LOL. Pwnt.