Thread: Kimber...

Kimber...

So I was looking online for a 1911 in my price range, and being old I started to write a list in a notebook. I made it to Kimber, decided I needed a nap and went to bed. A couple hours later I come downstairs and my wife had checked my notes, said "So, who is Kimber?" I told her not to worry, she was too pricey for me.

Quote Originally Posted by sbuff View Post
    So I was looking online for a 1911 in my price range, and being old I started to write a list in a notebook. I made it to Kimber, decided I needed a nap and went to bed. A couple hours later I come downstairs and my wife had checked my notes, said "So, who is Kimber?" I told her not to worry, she was too pricey for me.
    Might I suggest you look at Rock Island Armory. They have a full line of 1911 platforms, the majority are under $500. I have two a G.I. and a compact tactical. Both guns have superb fit and finish and are more accurate than me. Here's a link

http://dev.rockislandarmory.com/

You can find great deals on Gunbroker, Bud's, and many other online locations.

What ever brand you choose I wish you the best, the 1911 is a great platform and my personal favorite. If you are interested there is also a great forum over at 1911forum.com, they have sub forums for individual manufactures. Check out the Rock Island forum, there are alot of great posts about the company.

http://forums.1911forum.com/

Best of Luck
    Last edited by SavageOne; 01-23-2012 at 12:08 AM.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Maybe try a used Kimber or save up a bit longer to get the gun you like.