• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kimber...

sbuff

So I was looking online for a 1911 in my price range, and being old I started to write a list in a notebook. I made it to Kimber, decided I needed a nap and went to bed. A couple hours later I come downstairs and my wife had checked my notes, said "So, who is Kimber?" I told her not to worry, she was too pricey for me. ;)

SavageOne

So I was looking online for a 1911 in my price range, and being old I started to write a list in a notebook. I made it to Kimber, decided I needed a nap and went to bed. A couple hours later I come downstairs and my wife had checked my notes, said "So, who is Kimber?" I told her not to worry, she was too pricey for me. ;)

Might I suggest you look at Rock Island Armory. They have a full line of 1911 platforms, the majority are under $500. I have two a G.I. and a compact tactical. Both guns have superb fit and finish and are more accurate than me:). Here's a link

http://dev.rockislandarmory.com/

You can find great deals on Gunbroker, Bud's, and many other online locations.

What ever brand you choose I wish you the best, the 1911 is a great platform and my personal favorite. If you are interested there is also a great forum over at 1911forum.com, they have sub forums for individual manufactures. Check out the Rock Island forum, there are alot of great posts about the company.

http://forums.1911forum.com/

Best of Luck

Last edited: