Thread: Wisconsin Carry, Inc. FREE Concealed Carry License Class: Elkhorn 2/11/12

Regular Member paul@paul-fisher.com's Avatar

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. FREE Concealed Carry License Class: Elkhorn 2/11/12

Greetings in freedom,

Wisconsin Carry, Inc has another FREE training class offered on February 11th 2012 in Elkhorn, Wi.

If you attend this 4 hour class before you leave you will receive a certificate that serves as "proof of training" that you then submit along with the DOJ application in order to receive your concealed carry license.

This class is open to the public! Feel free to invite friends and family.

Class details:

4654 Briggs Rd, Elkhorn, WI 53121-4243

Date:
    Saturday February 11th.

Time: Noon to 4pm. Registration starts at 11:00 am.

If you would like to attend this class YOU MUST REGISTER USING OUR ONLINE SYSTEM: http://www.planetreg.com/E191825276

AS THIS IS A FREE CLASS WE ASK THAT YOU DOWNLOAD AND PRINT OUT EACH OF THE DOCUMENTS AT THIS LINK AND BRING THEM TO CLASS: If you bring a friend make sure that each person attending has a copy of these documents printed out as well AND IS REGISTERED!.

http://www.dwave.net/~phred/WCI_Downloads.html

Carry On,

I think I can hear the DOJ app processors groaning here in TN in response to this news
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by msusnVet View Post
    Is Phil going to be the instructor again?
    Yes.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Just north of the Sheeple's Republik of Madistan
    Quote Originally Posted by msusnVet View Post
    Thank you for the information. I am glad I signed up for the class.
    Why would you be signed up? Aren't you already licensed? I would hope all spots are reserved for those looking to qualify for their CCL.
    Liberty or death. We're sorry, there are no other options available at this time..........
    "Safety is the new Liberty, and recklessness is the new Freedom, and alcoholism is the new Doug Huffman."

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
    Why would you be signed up? Aren't you already licensed? I would hope all spots are reserved for those looking to qualify for their CCL.
    We allow anyone to sign up, whether they have a license already or have training already acceptable for the license.

Almost forgot, I just signed up my Mom! Thanks for bumping the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Plankton
    Why would you be signed up? Aren't you already licensed?
    I would hope all spots are reserved for those looking to qualify for their CCL.
    She's just trolling/stalking, trying to get a reaction out of people.
    But yes, anyone is allowed to fill a seat.
    I wonder how few people there would be if the original premise of "train people who couldn't otherwise afford training" was used?
    (Then the problem becomes how to enforce it?)

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Lightbulb I must have been mistaken....

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    I wonder how few people there would be if the original premise of "train people who couldn't otherwise afford training" was used?
    And here I thought that the original premise was to stick it to the money-grubbing, carpet-bagging, fly by night instructors trying to milk every cent out of our rights that they could... my bad.
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Thumbs up Another Good Class....Thanks To Everyone That Helped!

The class today went very well! Pastor Bob, Nik and Paul started with introductions and then it was off and running. I'm not sure of the count but I think it was over 180. Thanks to all the WCI members that donated their time, effort and money for this training. I think we even had a few walk ins.

Looking forward to the next big class.
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by rcawdor57 View Post
    The class today went very well! Pastor Bob, Nik and Paul started with introductions and then it was off and running. I'm not sure of the count but I think it was over 180.
    180... people!?

Quote Originally Posted by DangerClose View Post
    180... people!?
    Yes. Last one had 193 I believe.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

This is one of those times where we could use more emote icons around here. I'll work with what I got, though...

That's a lot of people. Impressive.

A thank you to everyone involved. I think the chance of someone with a degree in Thuganomics sticking a shotgun into a cashier's face just went down even more.

This is one of those times where we could use more emote icons around here. I'll work with what I got, though...

That's a lot of people. Impressive.

A thank you to everyone involved. I think the chance of someone with a degree in Thuganomics sticking a shotgun into a cashier's face just went down even more.
    That's the idea.

1. We want EVERYONE to get a CCL so that if there is a regime change that we have people fight having a 'licensed right' taken away.
    2. An armed society is a safer society.
    3. It will show the powers that be that it's not just the 'gun nuts' that get their CCL.

If you think 180 is impressive, make sure you tell everyone about the March 18 class. We have room for over 1100!!!!!!!

But yea, the Delavan class is awesome, people are coming from a long way to attend. Paul and Nancy are doing a wonderful job hosting, and Phil for teaching! It's really cool to see all the volunteers working hard just to help people meet the training requirements.

Hopefully they will have many, many more full classes.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Thumbs up March 18th Class Posted In "Racine Uncovered"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in WI View Post
    If you think 180 is impressive, make sure you tell everyone about the March 18 class. We have room for over 1100!!!!!!!

But yea, the Delavan class is awesome, people are coming from a long way to attend. Paul and Nancy are doing a wonderful job hosting, and Phil for teaching! It's really cool to see all the volunteers working hard just to help people meet the training requirements.

Hopefully they will have many, many more full classes.

This next class is going to be impressive!

LINK to Racine Uncovered: http://racineuncovered.org/2012/02/f...ss-march-18th/
    “The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.” -- Samuel Adams

“Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.”

—John F. Kennedy

I think this one will be appropriate
    Wisconsin Carry Member
    My Castle Doctrine Law

Don't wish ill upon your enemy......plan it.

Quote Originally Posted by paul
    We want EVERYONE to get a CCL so ...
    3. It will show the powers that be that it's not just the 'gun nuts' that get their CCL.
    Or at least it'll show that there are waaaay more "gun nuts" than the PTB thought there were.
    I don't think the numbers & reality about the wide variety of people who carry (or want to) will actually change their opinion of us. Facts haven't worked on the anti-rights folks before. But having so many licensees might give them pause when they start to think about further infringing our rights.

ETA:
    The changes from last time made things go MUCH smoother behind the scenes.
    * The guys who were checking paperwork while people stood in line helped a lot. Very few people who got to the check-in tables had errors or missing info/signatures, etc.
    * The stickers were helpful.
    * Printing names on certificates went faster, was surely less painful for Nancy's hand , and (at least with my writing) was more legible.

I'd suggest emphasizing the "have this stuff filled in" that was posted on the registration site,
    as well as "make sure the name you register with matches your DL" (so DOJ doesn't return the application).
    And maybe have someone making sure people don't walk in the exit door from registration & jump the line...
    Last edited by MKEgal; 02-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MKEgal View Post
    The changes from last time made things go MUCH smoother behind the scenes.
    * The guys who were checking paperwork while people stood in line helped a lot. Very few people who got to the check-in tables had errors or missing info/signatures, etc.
    * The stickers were helpful.
    * Printing names on certificates went faster, was surely less painful for Nancy's hand , and (at least with my writing) was more legible.

I'd suggest emphasizing the "have this stuff filled in" that was posted on the registration site,
    as well as "make sure the name you register with matches your DL" (so DOJ doesn't return the application).
    And maybe have someone making sure people don't walk in the exit door from registration & jump the line...
    Next set, I am going to have a customized waiver for them to print with the information properly filled out. The problem with the line jumping was that people were there to check in at 10:30 when we opened the doors to setup!

Next time, I think we'll come by earlier to setup and put the signs up so that the registration line is pointing the correct direction.

As for the legal name, I have tweaked the wording on the registration site. I am working on making it actually print out the registration form for them so all they have to do is sign. We shall see if I accomplish that.

I have to say I am very impressed with you guys. Walking the walk and talking the talk.

Outstanding.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

I think if the lines move as fast as they did (great job registration people) we could put a sign up and have people enter closer to the entrance and set up registration closer to the refreshments. That way it would be more of a proper flow into the hall.

I'll take blame for not getting people going in the right direction, we kept having blockages near the entrance with people having to finish filling out forms.

All and all I thought it went pretty darn smooth.