• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin Carry, Inc. FREE Concealed Carry License Class: Elkhorn 2/11/12

paul@paul-fisher.com

The changes from last time made things go MUCH smoother behind the scenes.
* The guys who were checking paperwork while people stood in line helped a lot. Very few people who got to the check-in tables had errors or missing info/signatures, etc.
* The stickers were helpful.
* Printing names on certificates went faster, was surely less painful for Nancy's hand :D, and (at least with my writing) was more legible.

I'd suggest emphasizing the "have this stuff filled in" that was posted on the registration site,
as well as "make sure the name you register with matches your DL" (so DOJ doesn't return the application).
And maybe have someone making sure people don't walk in the exit door from registration & jump the line...

Next set, I am going to have a customized waiver for them to print with the information properly filled out. The problem with the line jumping was that people were there to check in at 10:30 when we opened the doors to setup!

Next time, I think we'll come by earlier to setup and put the signs up so that the registration line is pointing the correct direction.

As for the legal name, I have tweaked the wording on the registration site. I am working on making it actually print out the registration form for them so all they have to do is sign. We shall see if I accomplish that.

Jason in WI

I think if the lines move as fast as they did (great job registration people) we could put a sign up and have people enter closer to the entrance and set up registration closer to the refreshments. That way it would be more of a proper flow into the hall.

I'll take blame for not getting people going in the right direction, we kept having blockages near the entrance with people having to finish filling out forms.

All and all I thought it went pretty darn smooth.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk