Thread: KFC in New Bern robbed--interesting comments...

KFC in New Bern robbed--interesting comments...

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines/...ction=comments

Now I think we know why Parkers are so OC-friendly when we have OC meetup lunches there--the employees are carrying...

I used to work for Parkers and I bet that is one chicken place they don't rob. Some of the employees are armed.

Too bad KFC, Popeyes, McDonlads, and Sonic doesn't follow the lead of establishments like Parkers...

It is unfortunate that this story didn't end like the one from a Pizza Hut in Charlotte in September 2010--where a driver bravely defended the lives of his fellow employees against a similar robbery...

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/09/robb...zza-hut-worker
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-22-2012 at 07:45 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

mattwestm
    Actually, I believe Parker's in Greenville (Greenville Blvd. location) has been robbed before, but it's definitely been a year or two since that happened.

This is one of the reasons that I started to OC. You just dont know when something like this will happen. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

E.J.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock19fan View Post
    This is one of the reasons that I started to OC. You just dont know when something like this will happen. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

E.J.
    My feelings exactly E.J.

That KFC is just a short hop down the road from where I live.

^^^ Went to the KFC in James City yesterday... Where is the one in New Bern?

The KFC in New Bern is on Neuse Blvd. next to Famous Subs & Pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by mattwestm View Post
    Actually, I believe Parker's in Greenville (Greenville Blvd. location) has been robbed before, but it's definitely been a year or two since that happened.

"mattwestm", I believe that EVERY restaurant in Greenville, with the possible exception of Cubbies bas been robbed at least once in the last three years...

I'd bet money tha tthe big Parkers in Wilson (which is WAY better than the one in Greenville anyway) has never been robbed. The owners there carry--I know for a fact, because they have told me so when they saw me OCing in their establishment. Once, the owner told me "you know, I appreciate that you are exercising your rights, and I support that, but you don't need to worry about anything in Parkers (as he padded his 5 o'clock position, implying he was CCing). I let him know that I appreciated that he had my back, but I preferred to take PERSONAL responsibility fo rmy safety and that of my family. To which he gave me a "thumbs up" and a nod...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 01-23-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

And here we go again. What is it with all these fried chicken places getting hit as of late. Just saw this article and thought I would pass it along.

http://www.witn.com/home/headlines/F...137943043.html