• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

KFC in New Bern robbed--interesting comments...

Dreamer

http://www.witn.com/crime/headlines..._Freezer_137855848.html?storySection=comments

Now I think we know why Parkers are so OC-friendly when we have OC meetup lunches there--the employees are carrying...

I used to work for Parkers and I bet that is one chicken place they don't rob. Some of the employees are armed.

Too bad KFC, Popeyes, McDonlads, and Sonic doesn't follow the lead of establishments like Parkers...

It is unfortunate that this story didn't end like the one from a Pizza Hut in Charlotte in September 2010--where a driver bravely defended the lives of his fellow employees against a similar robbery...

http://hamptonroads.com/2010/09/robbery-suspects-shot-dead-nc-pizza-hut-worker

Last edited:
M

mattwestm

Actually, I believe Parker's in Greenville (Greenville Blvd. location) has been robbed before, but it's definitely been a year or two since that happened.

Glock19fan

This is one of the reasons that I started to OC. You just dont know when something like this will happen. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

E.J.

Bearfoot

This is one of the reasons that I started to OC. You just dont know when something like this will happen. I would rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

E.J.

My feelings exactly E.J.

That KFC is just a short hop down the road from where I live.

CDT COX

^^^ Went to the KFC in James City yesterday... Where is the one in New Bern?

Dreamer

Actually, I believe Parker's in Greenville (Greenville Blvd. location) has been robbed before, but it's definitely been a year or two since that happened.

"mattwestm", I believe that EVERY restaurant in Greenville, with the possible exception of Cubbies bas been robbed at least once in the last three years...

I'd bet money tha tthe big Parkers in Wilson (which is WAY better than the one in Greenville anyway) has never been robbed. The owners there carry--I know for a fact, because they have told me so when they saw me OCing in their establishment. Once, the owner told me "you know, I appreciate that you are exercising your rights, and I support that, but you don't need to worry about anything in Parkers (as he padded his 5 o'clock position, implying he was CCing). I let him know that I appreciated that he had my back, but I preferred to take PERSONAL responsibility fo rmy safety and that of my family. To which he gave me a "thumbs up" and a nod...

Last edited: