• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Carry in the state of MO Question...........

cmr287

LEO's I am from GA and am wondering if I am able to OC in MO? I know I can CC there. when I look at the MAP for OC it says it is a OC friendly state. I am having temp duty over by FT. Leonard Wood and am wondering if I am able to OC there. Any help would be great... Thanks
V/R
Chris

Last edited:

Firedawg314

LEO's I am from GA and am wondering if I am able to OC in MO? I know I can CC there. when I look at the MAP for OC it says it is a OC friendly state. I am having temp duty over by FT. Leonard Wood and am wondering if I am able to OC there. Any help would be great... Thanks
V/R
Chris

I AM NOT A LEO... I too was in the service... anyway... Missouri is... best thing to say, EACH and every city and county have their own rules as far as OC. The best thing to do is check with city hall there, and ask for the ordances on firearms etc. But I have "heard" it is ok there. But don't go trying it out until you find out. People can say "its ok" but you soon find out that 1st of the month they changed the rules.

On average... most LEO's will lie to you about OC and CC. But if you ever get to travel to STL... DON"T OC!!!!! That will land you in jail... even if you have a CCW.

HighFlyingA380

First off, don't direct these types of questions to LEOs. Just a bad idea all around.

i have property near there, in between Salem and Licking, and recently went about researching the legality of OCing there. Here is the thread on the topic: Salem, MO / Licking, MO

You will need to find the applicable law for the county that Ft. is in, and for that municipality. If you want, I can give you a copy of what I sent to Salem to inquire about this. If I HAD TO GUESS tho, it would be ok. It's southern Missouri, everybody and their brother has guns and hunts.