Thread: Good news for Wis Wolves

Good news for Wis Wolves

Another good reason to carry in the north woods.

MADISON (AP) The state Department of Natural Resources is telling landowners they can start hunting problem wolves this week.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service last month removed wolves in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota from the federal endangered species list. Starting Friday, the states can manage their wolf populations on their own.

The DNR plans to send letters out today to about 100 landowners who have had problems with wolves killing livestock telling them that they can obtain permits to hunt wolves on their property. The permits will be valid beginning Friday.

Starting the same day, people also will be allowed to shoot a wolf in the act of attacking personal property without a permit

Quote Originally Posted by Firearms Iinstuctor View Post

MADISON (AP) The state Department of Natural Resources is telling landowners they can start hunting problem wolves this week.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service last month removed wolves in Wisconsin, Michigan and Minnesota from the federal endangered species list. Starting Friday, the states can manage their wolf populations on their own.

The DNR plans to send letters out today to about 100 landowners who have had problems with wolves killing livestock telling them that they can obtain permits to hunt wolves on their property. The permits will be valid beginning Friday.

Starting the same day, people also will be allowed to shoot a wolf in the act of attacking personal property without a permit
    It's about time...

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

...people also will be allowed to shoot a wolf in the act of attacking personal property without a permit
    I just loved this part...
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Better lock up Fido....
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Better lock up Fido....
    Unless Fido looks like wolf and is running loose, is attacking someone or someones personal property why would he be of any more danger then before.

Unless Fido looks like wolf and is running loose, is attacking someone or someones personal property why would he be of any more danger then before.
    Based on the number of wolves killed by people who can't tell one from a coyote (Canis latrans), I wouldn't have great confidence in their ability distinguish Canis lupus from Canis lupus familiaris.
    A. Gold

Failure to comply may result in discipline up to and including termination.
    The free man is a warrior. - Nietzsche "Twilight of the Idols"

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Shotgun View Post
    Based on the number of wolves killed by people who can't tell one from a coyote (Canis latrans), I wouldn't have great confidence in their ability distinguish Canis lupus from Canis lupus familiaris.
    What he said!
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

When you live and hunt in areas with wolf problems, you would realize shooting them, was probably not an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by metalman383 View Post
    When you live and hunt in areas with wolf problems, you would realize shooting them, was probably not an accident.
    that's pretty much what I was going to say. Someone dispatches a wolf... they SAY they thought it was a coyote

Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    that's pretty much what I was going to say. Someone dispatches a wolf... they SAY they thought it was a coyote
    Or just don't say anything at all. The shoot shovel shutup approach is much more effective for dealing with problem wolves.

Herr Heckler Koch
    Quote Originally Posted by smithman View Post
    Or just don't say anything at all. The shoot shovel shutup approach is much more effective for dealing with problem wolves.
    ...dogs and 'coyotes.'

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apierce918 View Post
    This is most likely. Besides, dogs would more likely be mistaken for coyotes than wolves and we've been able to dispatch them as long as I can remember. I can't remember the last time I heard of a dog being mistakenly shot because someone thought it was a coyote.

Fido is safe.

Had two yotes run in front of my car yesterday morning. Didn't have a rifle with me.
    R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Quote Originally Posted by davegran View Post
    Better lock up Fido....
    I thought you meant so Fido did not become supper....

http://www.wisconsinagconnection.com...Id=896&yr=2009

Outdoorsman1
    "On the Plains of Hesitation bleach the bones of countless millions who, at the Dawn of Victory, sat down to wait - and waiting, died."

George Cecil (18911970) American advertising copywriter

Outdoorsman1
    Member: Wisconsin Carry Inc.
    Member: Silver Lake Sportsmans Club
    Wisconsin C.C.W. License Holder
    Utah State Permit Holder.
    Arizona State Permit Holder.

I know of several dogs that were snatch out of their yards and eaten by wolves.

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA

ding ding ding ding! We got a winner!! there are tons of people in my area who do not tolerate wolves,
    And then those same people after hearing that the newer tracking collars have a heat sensor, the old trick of putting the collar on the underside of someone else's truck no longer works, now they are getting found on semi exhaust stacks so the heat keeps the signal showing that the dead wolf is active.
    I have 3 shepherds, one is solid black, one is solid white, & a Cream & Black colored one, they all wear bright bandanna's to help show they are dogs, not wolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutczak View Post
    ding ding ding ding! We got a winner!! there are tons of people in my area who do not tolerate wolves,
    And then those same people after hearing that the newer tracking collars have a heat sensor, the old trick of putting the collar on the underside of someone else's truck no longer works, now they are getting found on semi exhaust stacks so the heat keeps the signal showing that the dead wolf is active.
    I have 3 shepherds, one is solid black, one is solid white, & a Cream & Black colored one, they all wear bright bandanna's to help show they are dogs, not wolves.

Hmm...can a wave of blaze orange doggie vests, be far behind???
    Last edited by Lurchiron; 01-26-2012 at 01:00 PM.
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)

When you live and hunt in areas with wolf problems...
    What exactly is a wolf "problem"? Is that like the "bear" problem in the Co forum? Where an esteemed member baits his campground with food and his children and then wonders what the best handgun to kill a bear is? Just wondering.

Also, how does a person determine a wolf is attacking personal property without a permit?
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 01-26-2012 at 01:53 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Founder's Club Member Brass Magnet's Avatar

Omg!

It's comin' right for us!

R[ƎVO˩]UTION

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Lex malla, lex nulla

Hamlet:

Wolves don't need a permit to attack personal property.

The only similarity between a wolf and a coyote is they both have hair.

Do they need permission from the proprietor or agent of?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nemo View Post
    Hamlet:

Wolves don't need a permit to attack personal property.
    Last edited by HandyHamlet; 01-26-2012 at 02:25 PM.
    "Don't interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties."
    Abraham Lincoln

"Some time ago, a bunch of lefties defied the law by dancing at the Jefferson Memorial, resulting in their arrests. Last week, a bunch of them pulled the same stunt and - using patented Lefist techniques - provoked the Park Police into having to use force to arrest them."
    Alexcabbie

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Magnet View Post
    It's comin' right for us!

I have been practicing that line ever since the new law passed!

Quote Originally Posted by HandyHamlet View Post
    Do they need permission from the proprietor or agent of?

We don't need any Stinking Permits

Attachment 7822

Here doggie; Uncle Wolfie is here to teach you how to catch Dinner...heh,heh,heh
    Bale da Hay

"Have you Spanked a leftist today; it's the Right thing to do!!!"

Within the gates before a man shall go,
    (Fully warily let him watch,)
    Full long let him look about him;
    For little he knows where a foe may lurk,
    And sit in the seats within.

Havamal (Bellows translation)