• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Antony at it again!

Decoligny

Last edited:

Statkowski

Cherry Tree (Indiana County), Pennsylvania, USA
And just in case you missed it, this is OPENCARRY.ORG, not SHALLISSUECONCEALEDCARRY.ORG

And in most of California both Open Carry and Concealed Carry are impossible tasks.

Open carry is now illegal, maybe, unless you fall under one of the one hundred sixteen exemptions.

Concealed carry is effectively illegal since most jurisdictions make it virtually impossible to obtain any form of license or permit to carry concealed.

OC and CC are related, very closely, especially in California.

Any attack on the status quo concerns all Californians.

donny

That's a riot. This will certainly please the non-gun nut California firearms owners I know who wrote their legislators asking for it after seeing long gun carry in the news and viewing it as a detrimental act committed by a whacked out minority. Nice job pizzing off the mainstream. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

Decoligny

And in most of California both Open Carry and Concealed Carry are impossible tasks.

Open carry is now illegal, maybe, unless you fall under one of the one hundred sixteen exemptions.

Concealed carry is effectively illegal since most jurisdictions make it virtually impossible to obtain any form of license or permit to carry concealed.

OC and CC are related, very closely, especially in California.

Any attack on the status quo concerns all Californians.

I agree, it is an attack. My statement was to inform Mr 3 posts that it is not the intention of most open carriers to force "shall issue" concealed carry. The focus of this forum is the expansion of OPEN CARRY.
California is losing the right to OC. A Shall Issue CCW priveledge is not an acceptable substitute to the constitutional carry of an openly carried firearm. SCOTUS has ruled that regulation of CCW is constitutionally acceptable. To regulate a right makes it a priveledge. Open Carry is therefore the logical constitutionally protected method of carry. It will take lawsuits to change CA's current stance.

pullnshoot25

That's a riot. This will certainly please the non-gun nut California firearms owners I know who wrote their legislators asking for it after seeing long gun carry in the news and viewing it as a detrimental act committed by a whacked out minority. Nice job pizzing off the mainstream. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes...

You know, a lot can be said about a man by the company he keeps.

Looks like we can tell you are a total weenie.

donny

Lmfao. We may be weenies but your OCing days are over aren't they? You lose...

sawah

I think they need to ban Mr P from appearing in public, especially in eye makeup. He's quite the eyesore and could reduce tourism dollars all by himself.

IMO

local-1.jpg

Decoligny

Please ignore Donny.

If you review his posts on this board, you will easily see that he is here to do nothing more than TROLL.

He is vehemently anti-Open Carry, and adds nothing to the discussion.

If this board had active moderators like CalGuns, he would have been banned long ago.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Please ignore Donny.

If you review his posts on this board, you will easily see that he is here to do nothing more than TROLL.

If this board had active moderators like CalGuns, he would have been banned long ago.

+1. Trolls crave attention, just ignore him and he'll go away again.

While ideally this could lead to shall issue, it could also result in a more restrictive state such as Maryland. Remain vigilant!

mjones

This isn't quite correct. Most jurisdictions in CA actually do issue licenses to carry. The problem is that the jurisdictions which don't compose well over 50% of California's population.

WCrawford

Please ignore Donny.

Why would Calguns ban him? He totes their party line.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Gooelf

This isn't quite correct. Most jurisdictions in CA actually do issue licenses to carry. The problem is that the jurisdictions which don't compose well over 50% of California's population.
I still see no point in seeking a permit to carry when its cost is over 200 dollars, and then renewal fees. That puts it out of reach for the average person who is still struggling to just make it day to day who then has to worry because he might not be able to defend his family because the government says pay me 200 dollars or live with the consequences. It's ridiculous.

Decoligny

Why would Calguns ban him? He totes their party line.

Sent from my M865 using Tapatalk

Reading comprehension is a learned art.

I said, If we had active moderators (in the way that CalGuns has active moderators), then the active OpenCarry.org moderators would have banned Donny long ago.

There was no mention in my post about CalGuns banning Donny.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Of a more relevant note; Were any of you aware that in addition to including long guns, that Mr. Portantino was also adding UNINCORPORATED TERRITORY to the places where one may not carry a firearm unless exempted? And furthermore CHANGES the Mulford Act definition of areas where one may not possess a LOADED firearm?

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/asm/ab_1501-1550/ab_1527_bill_20120123_introduced.html

The bill would also authorize a county
board of supervisors to enact an ordinance that regulates the
carrying of unloaded firearms that are not handguns in unincorporated
areas of the county where the county has prohibited the discharge of
firearms, as specified.

25841. (a) A board of supervisors may enact an ordinance that
regulates the carrying of unloaded firearms that are not handguns
outside of a vehicle in the unincorporated area of a county where
the county has prohibited the discharge of firearms, if the ordinance
includes all of the exemptions set forth in the provisions of Article
2 (commencing with Section 26405) of Chapter 7 of Division 5
of Title 4 of Part 6 of the Penal Code, and the penalty provisions
are established pursuant to Section 25132.

25850. (a) A person is guilty of carrying a loaded firearm
when the person
carries a loaded firearm on the person or in a
vehicle while in any public place or on any public street in an
incorporated city or in any public place or on any public street in
a prohibited area of unincorporated territory. does any of the
following:
(1) Carries a loaded firearm on his or her person or in a vehicle
in any public place or on any public street, public road, or public
highway in an incorporated city.
(2) Carries a loaded firearm on his or her person in any public
place or on any public street in a prohibited area of an
unincorporated territory.
(3) Carries a loaded firearm in a vehicle while in any public
place or on any public street, public road, or public highway in
any part of any unincorporated area.

mjones

Of a more relevant note; Were any of you aware that in addition to including long guns, that Mr. Portantino was also adding UNINCORPORATED TERRITORY to the places where one may not carry a firearm unless exempted? And furthermore CHANGES the Mulford Act definition of areas where one may not possess a LOADED firearm?

http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/11-12/bill/asm/ab_1501-1550/ab_1527_bill_20120123_introduced.html

Yes, the addition to the unlawfully loaded firearms section adds unincorporated roads - it was an area before where there was much debated about whether or not it is already illegal via 'prohibited area' language.

Aknazer

Quick question. Could one expect to be denied or granted a CCW permit if they lived in the Beale AFB area (it's NE of Sacramento out in the middle of the desert). I might end up moving there and am curious what the chances are of getting a permit (though I would obviously prefer to not need one).