Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti-Gun Boycott of Starbucks planned for Valentine's Day...

Exclamation Anti-Gun Boycott of Starbucks planned for Valentine's Day...

Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012

CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships),secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.

More at link... http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...137890863.html

The Mrs and I are planning on visiting every Starbucks in our vicinity while proudly wearing our "I Love Guns and Coffee" t-shirts...

I think we can make a far more significant impact on Starbuck's sales than this boycott, anybody agree?
    While many claim to support the right to keep and bear arms, precious few support the practice.

I'm game. I'll carry at Starbucks here in VA!
    "When seconds count between living or dying, the police are only minutes away."

I'll be sure to give Starbucks some love

I don't even like coffee and normally work Tuesdays, but I'll be sure to stop by and at least order a pastrie or something before I go in.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

I don't even know where the nearest Starbucks is but I think I'll have to find my way into one.

I will stop by Starbucks the next time I am in town and thank them for standing up to this nonsense.
    "To sin by silence, when we should protest makes cowards out of men."
    Ella Wheeler Cox

We must contact our lawmakers today, tomorrow and the next day to remind them of Constitutional Carry.
    Laws are not written because of the actions of many, they are wrtiten because of the inactions of many.

I'm there in Idaho!

Another one in VA here for some coffee.

Director, Oklahoma Open Carry Association
    I can't open carry here in Oklahoma, and I don't have a guns and coffee tshirt... but I and all of my employees will be visiting Starbucks on that day.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Observations:

Starbucks did not and still does not wish to be the center of controversy. That they chose to stand their ground (literally and figuratively) and follow the state law wherein OC and/or CC was legal is very much to their credit. Personally, I would leave the borrowed themed (Love Coffee & Guns) T-shirts at home, conduct myself as just an everyday customer(s), and cement the relationship that we are the good guys and don't desire to embarrass Starbucks - let the antis do that and look like the spoiled child that can't have its way.

Show your support, especially on the days of the planned protest, but do so with dignity and aplomb whether alone or with a group - that way Starbucks will confirm the wisdom of their original and on-going stance.

We each must choose where and indeed how we fight our battles. That the antis select to be in-your face aggressive and emotionally bent should not in any way dictate our response. We are responsible, law abiding, cordial and friendly people that also take self-defense for what it is.......an intelligent, personal choice.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Observations:

Starbucks did not and still does not wish to be the center of controversy. That they chose to stand their ground (literally and figuratively) and follow the state law wherein OC and/or CC was legal is very much to their credit. Personally, I would leave the borrowed themed (Love Coffee & Guns) T-shirts at home, conduct myself as just an everyday customer(s), and cement the relationship that we are the good guys and don't desire to embarrass Starbucks - let the antis do that and look like the spoiled child that can't have its way.

Show your support, especially on the days of the planned protest, but do so with dignity and aplomb whether alone or with a group - that way Starbucks will confirm the wisdom of their original and on-going stance.

We each must choose where and indeed how we fight our battles. That the antis select to be in-your face aggressive and emotionally bent should not in any way dictate our response. We are responsible, law abiding, cordial and friendly people that also take self-defense for what it is.......an intelligent, personal choice.
    +1

Well said sir, well said.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Observations:

+1 With one personal exception, I wear my Guns and coffee shirts into Starbucks all the time the workers lover it! And some have ordered. I do always make it clear though that it expresses my personal love not and is not an endorsement by Starbucks.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

"These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

Our Starbucks is in a Safeway.

Also, I don't really care for their coffee.

I work Tuesdays as well, but might be able to work something out to perhaps stop in there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beretta92FSLady
    I am no victim, just a poor college student who looks to the day where the rich have the living piss taxed out of them.

Quote Originally Posted by T Dubya View Post
    there are several actually. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least three others pop up on the new posts page. Makes me think not too many people use it.
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    there are several actually. I'm pretty sure I've seen at least three others pop up on the new posts page. Makes me think not too many people use it.
    Well, the news and general forums aren't used and utilized the way they should be. What can you do? Activists are used to gathering in their individual states. Probably not a bad idea to get it out in their respective states just to get the word out.
    "These are the shock troops (opencarry.org) of the gun lobby. And, they are not going away."
    Ceasefire NJ Director Brian Miller, NJ.com, August 20, 2009

They are encouraging their slaves to leave this flyer at Starbucks.
    Fixed it for you.
    The thing about common sense is....it ain't too common.
    Will Rogers

Well, the news and general forums aren't used and utilized the way they should be. What can you do? Activists are used to gathering in their individual states. Probably not a bad idea to get it out in their respective states just to get the word out.
    I think that the individual state forums should be seen as largely separate to those of the national forums.

Also. I agree with what Grapeshot said absolutely. We should stand behind Starbucks on the day of the anti protest. But do so without making a scene. Personally, I'd suggest shooting them a letter stating your intent to purchase coffee on that day as a symbol of support and thanks. Nothing more, nothing less. They respected our desires to patronize their business while carrying, we'll show our gratitude by counteracting this boycott that was caused by their respect and do so while respecting their desires not to be brought into the middle of it all. And in the process, we'll most likely demonstrate that we greatly outnumber the fear mongers. Basically, all the boycott is doing is providing us with an opportunity to show the world that we're a respectful lot, unlike those emotional and irrational gun control advocates.
    Last edited by Jack House; 01-25-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack House View Post
    I think that the individual state forums should be seen as largely separate to those of the national forums.

Also. I agree with what Grapeshot said absolutely. We should stand behind Starbucks on the day of the anti protest. But do so without making a scene. Personally, I'd suggest shooting them a letter stating your intent to purchase coffee on that day as a symbol of support and thanks. Nothing more, nothing less. They respected our desires to patronize their business while carrying, we'll show our gratitude by counteracting this boycott that was caused by their respect and do so while respecting their desires not to be brought into the middle of it all. And in the process, we'll most likely demonstrate that we greatly outnumber the fear mongers. Basically, all the boycott is doing is providing us with an opportunity to show the world that we're a respectful lot, unlike those emotional and irrational gun control advocates.
    Agree. Don't think that this runs contrary to the rule on no multiple postings on other sub-forums. Each state or local group will plan/respond within their immediate membership and has unique circumstances - quite simply in this case location being paramount. No one wants to, nor should have to, search through multiple posts/pages to see what others in their area are doing + when and where, especially on a subject such as this.

There is a favorite phrase on the importance/value of commercial real estate that applies well here.
    The 3 most important things are: Location, Location & Location.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

They are encouraging their followers to leave this flyer at Starbucks.
    These people are stupid. The flyer states “I will not visit Starbucks stores or buy any Starbucks products…” So, exactly how do they plan to leave their bogus flyer in the store if they aren’t going in to the stores or any other place that sells Starbucks coffee products???? Real brilliant people.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler-gal View Post
    These people are stupid. The flyer states “I will not visit Starbucks stores or buy any Starbucks products…” So, exactly how do they plan to leave their bogus flyer in the store if they aren’t going in to the stores or any other place that sells Starbucks coffee products???? Real brilliant people.
    Shhh, don't confuse them with logic. You'll make their heads explode. Name:  eusa_shhh.gif
Views: 594
Size:  185 Bytes

They are encouraging their followers to leave this flyer at Starbucks.
    Wow, I'd love to meet someone handing out those flyers, just so I could discuss the misinformation that I'm sure they have no idea they are promoting.

Watch out for those dangerous assault Glocks, people...
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it." - Judge Learned Hand

I can't take credit for this idea, but I think it is brilliant.

Out in Michigan, people have read how the anti-gunners are trying to boycott Starbucks on Valentines day because of Starbucks support for the lawful carry of firearms in their business.

As a grass-roots movement, pro-second amendment folks in Michigan are pledging to stop in and shop at Starbucks on Valentines Day.

One person suggested we should use $2 dollar bills to buy our coffee on Valentines day, as a symbol of the 2 in Second amendment. Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Liberty himself. Brilliant.

Perhaps the OCDO can suggest to their members to use $2 bills at Starbucks or your favorite coffee shop on Valentines day in support of the second amendment.

Quote Originally Posted by PDinDetroit View Post

I can't take credit for this idea, but I think it is brilliant.

Out in Michigan, people have read how the anti-gunners are trying to boycott Starbucks on Valentines day because of Starbucks support for the lawful carry of firearms in their business.

As a grass-roots movement, pro-second amendment folks in Michigan are pledging to stop in and shop at Starbucks on Valentines Day.

One person suggested we should use $2 dollar bills to buy our coffee on Valentines day, as a symbol of the 2 in Second amendment. Thomas Jefferson, Mr. Liberty himself. Brilliant.

Perhaps the OCDO can suggest to their members to use $2 bills at Starbucks or your favorite coffee shop on Valentines day in support of the second amendment.
    Great idea - it is a soft sell approach, love it.

Wonder what the local banks will think when the get a run on $2 bills.

Just glad the RKBA wasn't the 3rd Amendment

Please resist the sudden urge to spray bullets into the crowd. According to the NGAC that's what we do when we have a gun...right

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast