• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti-Gun Boycott of Starbucks planned for Valentine's Day...

HighFlyingA380

Just in time for our "Buycott" of Starbucks, the FBI and BJA have issues another one of their funny little flyers to coffee shops and internet cafe's, telling them that people who pay with cash are "potential terrorists", and that employees should REPORT THEM to the FBI...

http://www.naturalnews.com/034908_FBI_coffee_shops_terrorism.html

Gee, thanks, Mr. Holder. We love you too.

Speaking of which, I need to get to the bank this week and get more $2 bills... ;-)
One side of me wanted to laugh my a** off while reading that, with just how utterly stupid some people are. The other side of me wanted to cry because those stupid people are in our government. I thought we were 'the land of the free'? Now their trying to tell us how we can pay for our coffee, and that we'll be labeled as terrorists if we don't pay how they want. This is getting ridiculous.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One side of me wanted to laugh my a** off while reading that, with just how utterly stupid some people are. The other side of me wanted to cry because those stupid people are in our government. I thought we were 'the land of the free'? Now their trying to tell us how we can pay for our coffee, and that we'll be labeled as terrorists if we don't pay how they want. This is getting ridiculous.

There is no end to their spin that either we conform or we are enemies of the state.

Now to go get some more $2.00 bills!

Sonora Rebel

Just in time for our "Buycott" of Starbucks, the FBI and BJA have issues another one of their funny little flyers to coffee shops and internet cafe's, telling them that people who pay with cash are "potential terrorists", and that employees should REPORT THEM to the FBI...

http://www.naturalnews.com/034908_FBI_coffee_shops_terrorism.html

Gee, thanks, Mr. Holder. We love you too.

Speaking of which, I need to get to the bank this week and get more $2 bills... ;-)

It's COFFEE. Who the hell buys coffee with a credit card? This sound's like something out of Mark Potok... Napolitano's paranoid SPLC stooge.

Just imagine the phone call: 'I want to report a suspicious person...' FBI: 'What made them suspicious...' "They paid cash for a cup of coffee...' FBI: 'Do you know the penalty for prank phone calls...? '

Seriously... we (taxpayers) paid for some nitwit to come up with this nonsense... and we know the (paid) nitwit that approved it... ENUFF ALREADY!

Daylen

It's COFFEE. Who the hell buys coffee with a credit card? This sound's like something out of Mark Potok... Napolitano's paranoid SPLC stooge.

Just imagine the phone call: 'I want to report a suspicious person...' FBI: 'What made them suspicious...' "They paid cash for a cup of coffee...' FBI: 'Do you know the penalty for prank phone calls...? '

Seriously... we (taxpayers) paid for some nitwit to come up with this nonsense... and we know the (paid) nitwit that approved it... ENUFF ALREADY!

If I was a starbucks manager I'd call the FBI every dang time someone paid in cash. How else will they learn to not say stupid ****?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Maybe it's a stupid question, but where do you get them. Do banks keep them in stock for when people want them? Also, I'm assuming they don't 'sell' them for more than $2, since they are still in circulation? Thanks!

They are current legal tender - just not frequently used.

Recommend that you not wait until the morning of the 14th though - the banks may experience a run on them. :lol:

Dreamer

Maybe it's a stupid question, but where do you get them. Do banks keep them in stock for when people want them? Also, I'm assuming they don't 'sell' them for more than $2, since they are still in circulation? Thanks!

Most banks will have some in stock. My branch won't special-order them--they only had $10 worth, and those were ones they collected from deposits. I'll be visiting other branches of my bank to see if I can get more this week.

Some banks will order them for you special, but they take a few days to come in, because they have to come from the Federal Reserve Bank in your region, and some banks will only special-order them if you order a minimum of 1 bundle, which I think is $100.

The $2 is still legal tender, and still in circulation, but they are not popular with the People for some reason. Because they are so infrequently used, some sales people (especially ones that aren't too bright) don't think they are real. Hopefully someone at Starbucks Corporate has gotten wind of our "Buycott" and will send a memo to all their stores telling people that $2 are OK, and there won't be any issues...

Last edited:

sraacke

Let's keep this in perspective.

The group that is doing this is National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGVAC). They are less than a year old and have VERY few members. As pointed out by Mark, host of Armed American Radio Network on this weekend's show, the NGVAC has only 200 Facebook friends and many of those are progun people who "Liked" the page just to bash on NGVAC. (see https://www.facebook.com/GunVictimsAction )

Mark compared NGVAC to the Brady group which has about 2 dozen employees and a small office with the NRA which has hundreds of employees, a multistory office complex and half a billion dollars in it's warchest.
Mark correctly pointed out that while NGVAC only has 200 FB members, his show, Armed American Radio Network, has over 10K fans of it's Facebook page (see http://www.facebook.com/events/261743290558881/#!/pages/Armed-American-Radio/190018552373 ).

Tom Grisham has >5K friends on his Facebook page for Gun Talk radio.
BayouShooter has >1500 FB friends.
Heck, even little ole La Open Carry Awareness League (LOCAL) has 222 friends as of today (see http://www.facebook.com/events/261743290558881/#!/pages/Louisiana-Open-Carry-Awareness-League-LOCAL/124751677535026 ).

Am I saying that this new group isn't a threat? No. Like the Brady group they are small but they put out a press release and the left leaning main stream media jumped on it and built it up.

I'm saying that this group is the new kid on the block and they want to make a big splash to get their wheels rolling, attract as much attention as possible and hopefully fill their pockets with donations from the few anti-gun types out there who may be willing to toss them some breadcrumbs.

Don't expect to see any demonstrators outside of your local Starbucks. They simply don't have the numbers.
Am I saying don't go to Starbucks on Feb 14 with a handfull of 2 dollar bills you picked up from your bank on the way there? No.

Go in, spend your $2 bills and let them know that you are an honest gun owner and you thank them for remaining neutral in this fight. Put a $2 bill in the tip jar with a LOCAL (or other gun rights group) business card paperclipped to it to remind them where it came from. Send a polite email to Starbucks corporate offices telling them that you bought something from the local resturant to support their neutrality regarding guns in their stores.

Just don't get too caught up in the hype and give NGVAC more credit than it's due.

Just my 2 cents.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
"...to support their neutrality regarding guns in their stores." -- yale

Actually, to support their corporate policy of observing the gun laws of the states where their stores are located -- rather than making up their own "gun laws" either for or against guns on the premises.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"...to support their neutrality regarding guns in their stores." -- yale

Actually, to support their corporate policy of observing the gun laws of the states where their stores are located -- rather than making up their own "gun laws."

They are good people - they just do not seek the noteriety nor headlines - if they have a choice they would prefer that no major issue be made of this.

With them, it is much as we say about OC - just going about our normal everyday business.

Boba Fett

I and a friend will be participating as well! And I've never even been in a Starbucks before. lol I expect that the company will make a huge increase in sales instead of any decrease from this tiny group's "boycott". :)

National OC meet 'n Greet sonuds pretty genius! lol

Dreamer

I stopped by the Rockville, MD branch of my bank (Navy Federal Credit Union) and picked up another $20 in $2 bills today for a total of $30 in $2's. That should be enough to make several purchases over the next few weeks at various local Starbucks (starting Valentines Day).

And I'll be EHOCing too, since I'm currently exiled in the Peoples Republic of Maryland...

Keith Cromm

I hope everyone realizes that a single day (to show 'support' for Starbucks) won't exactly fit the ($2) bill.

The boycott *STARTS* on 2/14 and has no specific end date.

Thus, a frequent (weekly?) visit might be of significance, especially paying with the $2 bill.

Comm

Well, this morning, I stopped at my local Starbuck's and went in OC. The counter person was quick to see it, and I was also quick to tell him I was there to support their stance on allowing firearms in their building. He said Very Cool! and he did not know that they were being boycotted. I got a Hot Chocolate, and paid with a 2 dollar bill, and put another one in the tip jar. I explained the reason of the 2 dollar bill, and the whole staff was very impressed that the Pro gun people would do things like that. I told the whole staff to have a wonderful day, and walked out. Very enjoyable experience.

Tony4310

Found this on a site trying to get protests going.

2) ASSERTIVE APPROACH: JOIN THE NATIONWIDE BOYCOTT ON FEBRUARY 14 by texting/e-mailing your/face booking your friends to meet you at your local Starbucks (perhaps invite the local media too). When you arrive have a few nice big lettered signs to hold outside in front of the Café’ ( Signs might read, “Boycott Starbucks/No Guns”, “Danger, Guns Allowed”, etc)

(b) a couple of you might want to write up a 45 second script that could involve your protesters in a video smart phone production done right there in front of that local Starbucks, then put on you tube.

“ Excuse me, but I thought I should tell you before you go in, that Starbucks lets people with guns inside. (crowd shouts –“They let people with guns in Starbucks? – We’re outta here!”) Yes, it’s true and we’re hoping people will boycott Starbucks until they do what other responsible businesses do and keep the guns out. (patron replies- “Thanks for letting me know. Guns in Starbucks is Nuts! I’ll come back when its safe and relaxing again.”) (crowd shouts- “ Us too! – No Guns , Boycott Starbucks!!”). “

YOU CAN DO IT! Then post your videos and share them on your social network, through e-mails and with family and friends.

Tony4310

I hope everyone realizes that a single day (to show 'support' for Starbucks) won't exactly fit the ($2) bill.

The boycott *STARTS* on 2/14 and has no specific end date.

Thus, a frequent (weekly?) visit might be of significance, especially paying with the $2 bill.

I'm always at my local Starbucks with my guns so they know they got the support :)

Jack House

Brady Bunch said:
“Excuse me, but I thought I should tell you before you go in, that Starbucks lets people with guns inside. (crowd shouts –“They let people with guns in Starbucks? – We’re outta here!”)
So basically, let me get this straight. People go to Starbucks visibly carrying firearms and are none the wiser. They wind the visit tranquil and relaxing. Then out of the blue, you get these crazed individuals running up to random people and unsolicited exclaim that there are people with guns in that there building! Now, being faced with a totally stranger alerting them to armed men, the poor victim becomes confused and frightened. A feeling they would not have felt otherwise.

So then let me ask you. Who is the one spreading fear and anxiety? Is it the one lawfully going about their business, or the one making it their mission to cause a commotion and disturbance in an otherwise peaceful setting? You be the judge. ;)

Hey what's that word for a group of people that attempt to use fear to achieve some political goal? I just can't remember... :rolleyes:

Last edited: