Thread: Starbucks Pro-Gun Policy = Hoplophobe boycott

Starbucks Pro-Gun Policy = Hoplophobe boycott

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 90863.html

Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012

CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships),secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.
    Looks I'll be giving Starbucks some extra love on Valentine's Day, lol. Even though we had our last breakfast meet there, it might make an impression if we had another large gathering, to boycott the boycott (providing everyone is off that day)

Just an idea. If we'd all rather go somewhere else for next month's breakfast, that's fine too. Anyone want to suggest a date?

Yeah, now I know where I'll be spending a few dollars for overpriced latte come Valentine's Day.

Their coffee may be a bit expensive, but I just prefer to think that I'm paying a little more for a business that respects my right rather than infringes it. That's worth a few dollars, right?

Herr Heckler Koch
    What an idea! Maybe the government could take care of that with a tax of just a few dollars more.

Quote Originally Posted by Herr Heckler Koch View Post
    What an idea! Maybe the government could take care of that with a tax of just a few dollars more.
    I'll take your sarcasm and raise you this point; I have a choice of where I spend my money and what business I choose to support; I do not have the same choice with Government and taxes.

I'm also not one of those people who believes Government should be fixing all of our problems, but nice try.

Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    I'll take your sarcasm and raise you this point; I have a choice of where I spend my money and what business I choose to support; I do not have the same choice with Government and taxes.

I'm also not one of those people who believes Government should be fixing all of our problems, but nice try.
    Happy to say my wife and I will be attending our neighborhood starbucks that day