• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbucks Pro-Gun Policy = Hoplophobe boycott

PistolPackingMomma

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases ... 90863.html

Starbucks' "Pro-Gun" Policy Prompts Gun Victims' Advocate Group to Launch Nationwide Boycott on Valentine's Day 2012

CHICAGO, Jan. 23, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A nationwide boycott of Starbucks stores and its products will be launched on Valentine's Day 2012. Its goal is to eliminate the risk of guns in public places and ultimately to bring sane gun laws to the U.S.

This boycott is being called by the National Gun Victim's Action Council (NGAC), a network of 14 million gun victims, the faith community including the: Episcopal Peace Fellowship, United Church of Christ, Fellowship of Reconciliation (46 peace fellowships and 43 affiliate fellowships),secular groups working to reduce gun violence and many of the organizations that support passing sane gun laws.

Looks I'll be giving Starbucks some extra love on Valentine's Day, lol. Even though we had our last breakfast meet there, it might make an impression if we had another large gathering, to boycott the boycott (providing everyone is off that day)

Just an idea. If we'd all rather go somewhere else for next month's breakfast, that's fine too. Anyone want to suggest a date?

PistolPackingMomma

Their coffee may be a bit expensive, but I just prefer to think that I'm paying a little more for a business that respects my right rather than infringes it. :D That's worth a few dollars, right?

H

Herr Heckler Koch

What an idea! Maybe the government could take care of that with a tax of just a few dollars more.

PistolPackingMomma

What an idea! Maybe the government could take care of that with a tax of just a few dollars more.

I'll take your sarcasm and raise you this point; I have a choice of where I spend my money and what business I choose to support; I do not have the same choice with Government and taxes.

I'm also not one of those people who believes Government should be fixing all of our problems, but nice try.

drew9

I'll take your sarcasm and raise you this point; I have a choice of where I spend my money and what business I choose to support; I do not have the same choice with Government and taxes.

I'm also not one of those people who believes Government should be fixing all of our problems, but nice try.

Happy to say my wife and I will be attending our neighborhood starbucks that day :D