Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: More Starbucks stupidity...2/14 boycott planned COFFEE UP!

More Starbucks stupidity...2/14 boycott planned COFFEE UP!

More embarrassment for Justice; more Starbucks stupidity; Oly hearings re-scheduled

Now, the Chicago-based National Gun Victim’s (sic) Action Council, led by a man named Elliot Fineman, has announced it will boycott Starbucks beginning on Valentine’s Day.

http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-i...s-re-scheduled

This KING 5 NEws article andd video says it all.
    http://www.king5.com/news/business/O...-84142442.html
    Last edited by DEROS72; 01-23-2012 at 06:23 PM.

That article is 2 years old. Is there anything new to read on the subject?
    CZ 75B 9mm, Ruger P94 .40 S&W, Bersa Thunder .380, AR-15 Homebuild

"We urge Starbucks to respect the rights of the vast majority of its customers, who seek to take their families into its stores without facing the intimidating presence of openly carried guns,” said Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign.
    What right is he talking about? The mythical right to not be offended?

As I see it, Starbucks IS respecting the rights of it's customers; if you don't like that, get your caffeine fix elsewhere, Helmke. Although, I suspect he probably needs to switch to decaf.

Quote Originally Posted by j2l3 View Post
    That article is 2 years old. Is there anything new to read on the subject?
    http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...137890863.html

Regular Member trevorthebusdriver's Avatar
    LOL! They say their group has 14 MILLION members, but their Facebook page only has 99 likes.

And from reading the comments, it looks like 98 of them are pro-gun!
    Last edited by trevorthebusdriver; 01-23-2012 at 11:03 PM.

I am curious as to what "sane" gun laws would do for anybody? I read the artical, and watched the video but from what I can see it does nothing? Restrict my right so you feel comfortable living your life? No thanks. I have a right to own a gun and o/c as well as c/c. You have no right to be scared. being scared is not in the amendments. Brandybunch go away.

I was just reading some of the brochures on there. They just made me laugh. They show pictures of well dressed citizens carrying responsibly, going about their daily lives. But they are trying to paint them as bad people. You just have to love some of the "facts" they have on there as well.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

These people are jerks. Their philosophy is repugnant. They are without doubt trying to get Starbucks to practice social bigotry v. gun owners, whether you OC, CC or whatever.

Is there an easy way to thank Starbucks for their sensible policy?

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeV View Post
    Here in Seattle there are at least 3 regular coffee gatherings at Starbucks. One of them has been going on for over 2 years now.
    Live Free or Die!

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeV View Post
    Yes Do what I did yesterday I purchased 2 lbs of coffee for home and 2 cups of coffee. I never stopped at Starbucks before they decided to allow firearms, now I drink Starbucks every day at home and I stop when I am on the road. I go out of my way to spend money with them now.

I don't like coffee but I may stop by for a sandwich or something lol
    "Anyone worth shooting once is worth shooting twice." -Zeus

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back!" - Malcolm Reynolds

EDC = Walther PPQ 9mm

Quote Originally Posted by SovereignAxe View Post
    I don't like coffee but I may stop by for a sandwich or something lol
    i don't drink coffee either, so i go in for the hot chocolate.

and a new starbucks just opened on Boeing Field, near the Museum of Flight . woo!
    Last edited by HK_dave; 01-23-2012 at 10:02 PM.
    US Constitution - void where prohibited by law.

Yes I know, the King 5 article is 2 years old, however, did you notice the results of the poll? 93% for guns at Starbucks, 7% against.

Quote Originally Posted by Orphan View Post
    Yes Do what I did yesterday I purchased 2 lbs of coffee for home and 2 cups of coffee. I never stopped at Starbucks before they decided to allow firearms, now I drink Starbucks every day at home and I stop when I am on the road. I go out of my way to spend money with them now.
    Remember, Starbucks never "decided" to allow firearms at any point, they simply decided to keep an already in place, non-exclusionary policy. Essentially, they decided to be like just about every other large corporation that deals with the general adult public and leave it to state law, and each store to decide for themselves how to handle customers who carry and cause problems.

I'm all for sharing the love for their staying neutral however.

Hell, I use to buy Peets coffee in the grocery store all the time until they caved to pressure and specifically created a policy that bans carry of any kind in their stores. Its not much, but I WAS buying about 2 bags of their coffee a month. The nice thing is, there are lots of other great coffees out there, and they are not missed.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
    Quote Originally Posted by FMCDH View Post
    Remember, Starbucks never "decided" to allow firearms at any point, they simply decided to keep an already in place, non-exclusionary policy. Essentially, they decided to be like just about every other large corporation that deals with the general adult public and leave it to state law, and each store to decide for themselves how to handle customers who carry and cause problems.

I'm all for sharing the love for their staying neutral however.

Hell, I use to buy Peets coffee in the grocery store all the time until they caved to pressure and specifically created a policy that bans carry of any kind in their stores. Its not much, but I WAS buying about 2 bags of their coffee a month. The nice thing is, there are lots of other great coffees out there, and they are not missed.

This is absolutely correct. Starbucks isn't pro-gun. They're anti-discrimination. That's all. I can respect that. In fact, I respect it so much I go there every morning.
    Last edited by Bookman; 02-01-2012 at 02:55 AM.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PistolPackingMomma View Post
    What right is he talking about? The mythical right to not be offended?

As I see it, Starbucks IS respecting the rights of it's customers; if you don't like that, get your caffeine fix elsewhere, Helmke. Although, I suspect he probably needs to switch to decaf.
    What they need is publicity. This is just a publicity stunt to get their name and message in the paper and on the news.

And, poor Starbucks is their target.

I don't normally drink Starbucks, but I think I'm gonna start. They don't deserve to be a publicity target of people who support criminals and seek to create defenseless victims.

They had a little icon showing how bad the Glock that was used in Tucson, was.... Apparently IT shot and killed people, not the person holding it.

I had to make a motivational poster out of it.

Evangelical lessons are provided upon request. Anyone wishing to meet Jesus can just kick in my door.

Quote Originally Posted by trevorthebusdriver View Post
    LOL! They say their group has 14 MILLION members...
    Reminds me of a topic on the forum a year or so back on lead shot and dead ducks, I think some organization used a similar unbelievable number, like between 100 and 10 million waterfowl are killed every year by ingesting lead shot.
    When organizations can't come up with a real number they toss in some phony digits, looking for the wow factor, and sometime it works.

When you go in on Valentine's Day this year, remember to tell the manager that you're there to support them for their refusal to discriminate against lawful firearms owners.

The NGAC sure isn't feeling the love...

http://www.sacbee.com/2012/01/23/420...y-prompts.html

Quote Originally Posted by John Hardin View Post
    When you go in on Valentine's Day this year, remember to tell the manager that you're there to support them for their refusal to discriminate against lawful firearms owners.

Man, I am loving the comments people are leaving on there! It's nice to see so many people with an opinion of their own. Though I wonder how many were people from this or similar forums?
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by John Hardin View Post

No need to. Let the record sales that day speak for themselves.
    It is very wise to not take a watermelon lightly.

Starbucks, Bakerview Road, Bellingham

There is a regularly scheduled "choir practice" held at 10:00 every sunday morning. If you are in the area, or live in Whatcom county, stop by and spend some time with like minded people. Conversation is always spirited.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoWeenie View Post
    They had a little icon showing how bad the Glock that was used in Tucson, was.... Apparently IT shot and killed people, not the person holding it.

I had to make a motivational poster out of it.

You forgot to mention that it reloaded itself too
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

"If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast